What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up before upgrade

anicca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my Ipad2 to io5. I'm really worried that I may lose everything there, as some people do.
I have a lots of books, some I bought some are free download talks. I think that Itunes only backs up what is bought from them. What about the photos and download talks, how do I back up those to avoid a potential loss.

Anyone has any useful advice, please.
Thank you.

BonsterPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be sure to sync and/or save your photos locally!!!!!!!! I just happened to copy all my pictures that I had imported on my iPad from my camera connector to a local drive on my PC. I had to upgrade to v5.0 in order to purchase/download the Pages app and after it was done, all my photos were gone. I am sooooo glad I happened to do that before starting.

I use the Kindle app and all my books are there. I've notice a slight performance degradation since upgrading - my mail takes a few moments to load - otherwise, everything else seems fine. (I just realize that this is the first negative thing I've said about my iPad in the 9 months I've owned it... Feeling a little guilty.) The upgrade has a backup step, so you should be OK, but I can't say for sure as I wouldn't know yet what may be missing until I go looking for it,

OP
A

anicca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to the Genius Bar tomorrow to see if they do it for me, as I'm not confident that I can do it myself without losing all, my Ipad stuff and my sanity..
Yes, I'd feel guilty to say anything bad about my beloved Ipad and also my two Iphones and Ipods. They're all pure perfection :)
Thanks for replying, anyway :)

Most reactions

Latest posts