What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to 1970s??

ianbooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I port files to my new iPad2, into either Pages or GoodReader, they all show up with a origination/modification date somewhere in 1970, 1971, or 1972, more or less at random. The date/time setting on the iPad is correct, and so is that on my iMac. Is there some secret switch I haven't stumbled across?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd never noticed that before. All file contain both the original creation date and the last modification date. Most computers show the mod date by default. No idea how to change it on the iPad, except the ability, if it has it (I can't find it), will be in the settings of the app. There is no system wide setting for it.

Though, out of curiosity, have you checkeed the date and time settings on both the computer and the iPad?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dates in the early 70s indicate there is a clock somewhere that is not being battery backed up, so resets to "zero" at power up. Where this clock is I've got no idea. If PC and pad look OK, I'm stumped!

OP
I

ianbooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bizarre part is that this happens with files that have the correct origination date on my computer, but lose it in being transferred to the iPad.

Once again, the date & time on both machines are correct. Very odd indeed. :confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ianbooks said:
The bizarre part is that this happens with files that have the correct origination date on my computer, but lose it in being transferred to the iPad.

Once again, the date & time on both machines are correct. Very odd indeed. :confused:

You did say that before. Sorry, I was half asleep. No ideas.

Most reactions

Latest posts