What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back ground app refresh

Peaks967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before.

I have an iPad mini, bought in 2013, running iOS 7 and it refreshes apps at an alarmingly irritating rate. If I'm in safari reading a web page and leave it for more than a few minutes, you can bet it'll be right back at the beginning.

The same goes for games that I'm in the middle of, say I'm playing candy crush (please don't judge me) and I leave it for a few minutes, when I come back to continue my game, it will have reset and I have to start all over again.

I'm getting desperate now as Apple have been of no help. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Particularly with the older devices (iPad Mini and iPad 2), because of the lack of RAM compared to the newer devices, your RAM will most likely be refreshed and cycled through more frequently, particularly if you're multitasking and using another app that's as memory intensive as a browser, Facebook and most messenger apps. It's a built-in mechanism of iOS and the only way to break away from it is to jailbreak your device to break that pattern by prioritizing your memory usage. Unfortunately there aren't any stock settings that you can change to detract from this as of yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts