1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Back grip protector

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by Wmacky1, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Wmacky1

Wmacky1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd like to keep the Air as sleek and light as possible, and would like to go with the same setup I used on my 1st Gen Ipad. That is, A nice transport sleeve "waterfield", And then just a thin hard plastic back protector when it's removed from the sleeve. I can reuse my sleeve, but need a new back shell. Why can't I find the one I want. I found it in about 5 minutes for my Gen 1.

What a want is what I had before. It was a very inexpensive thin plastic rear snap on shell. But, this shell has a grippy feel to the outside. It both feels, and looks like black rubber. It also has a nice cirle cutout for the logo. It adds almost no additional size to the Ipad, but does offer some protection. Where can I find one for the Air?
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. Contra

Contra iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
  3. Contra

Contra iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    It adds very little to it

Sent from my iPad mini using iPF

Attached Files:

4. Wmacky1

Wmacky1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like some of those, but they appear to be of a softer material, as they appear lock on by slipping on OVER the front edge of the device.

The one I had was stiffer plastic that "snapped" to the sides of the Ipad leaving the front egde uncovered. Although it was a hard plastic it did have a rubber like outer coating.