What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back cover suggestions please.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one of those smart covers that magnetically attaches to the side. I was wondering what you guys could recommend for the back while still being able to use the Smart Cover that protects the front. Thanks

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Videographer said:
I have one of those smart covers that magnetically attaches to the side. I was wondering what you guys could recommend for the back while still being able to use the Smart Cover that protects the front. Thanks

This is the case that i am currently using

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003P4SU78/ref=cm_rdp_product[/ame]

The front cover works the same as the smart cover, wakes on open and sleeps on close, but provides full protection instead of just the screen

just another lurker....

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My switcheasy coverbuddy just showed up and I really like it: CoverBuddyâ„¢ For iPad 2 - SwitchEasy Works with the smart cover, it's pretty thin so it doesn't add much bulk to the ipad and the speaker area is covered by verticle strips instead of being completely exposed like I have seen on other cases. They must be selling pretty well because quite a few colors are now out of stock and I just ordered mine a week ago.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Joy Factory here. It's Smartcover compatible, very low bulk and excellent quality.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I got the HyperShield a couple of weeks back. It's doing a good job. The color and texture is a fairly close match for the polly smart covers. Just watch out for the shipping costs. Everything except standard first class mail cost too much in relation to the cost of the cover.

Oh, it's also a relatively cheap cover.

HyperShield Back Cover for iPad 2

Nix74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I got the HyperShield a couple of weeks back. It's doing a good job. The color and texture is a fairly close match for the polly smart covers. Just watch out for the shipping costs. Everything except standard first class mail cost too much in relation to the cost of the cover.

Oh, it's also a relatively cheap cover.

HyperShield Back Cover for iPad 2

I looked at the specs....I am not familiar with this material. Is it soft like a get case or hard like plastic? Is it enough protection if the iPad was dropped?
Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nix74 said:
I looked at the specs....I am not familiar with this material. Is it soft like a get case or hard like plastic? Is it enough protection if the iPad was dropped?
Thanks!

It is kind of in between a hard case and a gel case. The material is a little harder than the smart cover. I'd say the protection is similar to other cases with similar coverage. A hard case protects very well from dents, but transmits the shock to the device. A gel case absorbs more shock, but may allow dents. This case could be cosidered a sort of comprimise.

Not that I plan on drop testing it to find out.

SK1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have u ever tried Case-Mate / Case-Mate EU Cases? I used to have Tough Case for my iPad. I didn't need any additinal functionality just a good protection and i reckon it did the job but now when I got the iPad 2 I'm going to try POP Case as it protects really well (have it on my phone) but also has a stand so should add a little to the functionality of the device. The white one looks really cool :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a SC and a bodyguard skin. The Skin is minimal, but it seems to protect the back. I have a warranty for accident...I don't want to have to worry about dropping the damn thing, though I don't intend to ever drop it.

Most reactions

Latest posts