What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back button

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPads need a back button like the one found on my Android phone. For example, I clicked on a photo in this forum to view an image of somebody's backside protector skin and I had no way to get back into the forum. I shut the app down, but whenever I clicked on the icon to open the forum app, it kept opening up to the picture again. I finally had to shut the iPad down and do a total restart to get it to go away.

Maybe it's an with this app and not the device?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand. When you're viewing the photo and you want to return to the app, double-tap the Home button to open the multi-task bar and click on the app icon. Works for me every time.

Tim

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand. When you're viewing the photo and you want to return to the app, double-tap the Home button to open the multi-task bar and click on the app icon. Works for me every time.

Tim
hey thanks for that,iv had that problem,didnt know you could do that,learning all the time.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The back button in the app is at the top left.

Edit: Hmm, just had a think about this.......if when you view a pic through the forum all the buttons disappear (is this what you mean?), just tap the picture and the buttons will reappear as if by magic!

The Archangel

Last edited:
OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
The back button in the app is at the top left.

Edit: Hmm, just had a think about this.......if when you view a pic through the forum all the buttons disappear (is this what you mean?), just tap the picture and the buttons will reappear as if by magic!

The Archangel

No they did not. It was like the app was stuck.

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went back to the same post and photo and now it works as it should. Must have been the gremlins.

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still would be nice to have a back button.

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another need for a back button. I was reading a post on the forum and wanted to forward via email to my wife. In the process of trying to do it I couldn't go back into the post I was reading.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand this, if I go to share>email the email shows over the top of the thread, when I finish writing the email and click send the email disappears and I am left looking at exactly the same screen that I was looking at before I pressed share........how is this different in your case?

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
Another need for a back button. I was reading a post on the forum and wanted to forward via email to my wife. In the process of trying to do it I couldn't go back into the post I was reading.

Just for clarity......are you using the IPF app to view the forum or safari on the iPad?

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Confucious: Just curious - how is Appslide different from the multi-gestures (where you can 4- or 5-finger slide to go back to an app)?

Cause that tweak sounds intriguing, yet the same...

Thanks.

Marilyn

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
Ooops - just been informed appslide doesn't actually work on the iPad - great on the iPhone though - and not at ll like multi-gestures.

OP
J

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I don't understand this, if I go to share>email the email shows over the top of the thread, when I finish writing the email and click send the email disappears and I am left looking at exactly the same screen that I was looking at before I pressed share........how is this different in your case?

The Archangel

Yes mine works that way, now that I know more of what I'm doing. I'm suffering from a wee bit of pilot error :)

My initial post was saying that with a back button I could just back track to where I left off if I got off track.

Most reactions

Latest posts