What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avoiding the Home Button

garybrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the IPad 4 and have a question.
If I open an e-mail attachment and it sends me to another web site how do I get back to my original e-mail without hitting the home button and then having to reopen my e-mail again.

Cancuino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to activate Siri without pressing the home button?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any way to activate Siri without pressing the home button?

Yes. Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch

Turn it on and you'll see a white dot appear on the screen. Long press that dot to drag it to a new location. Once it resides where you want it, tap it to get access to some functions, including Siri. You can tap the accessibility window transparent background to "minimize" it.

It's quite nice and I don't even use my home button anymore.

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Turn it on and you'll see a white dot appear on the screen. Long press that dot to drag it to a new location. Once it resides where you want it, tap it to get access to some functions, including Siri. You can tap the accessibility window transparent background to "minimize" it.

Nice that is so cool!

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You just need to put four fingers on the screen and slide it to the left.

The Archangel

Never knew about this! Thanks!!!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Nice but I sure wish it was a smaller dot......thanks for the info.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Nice but I sure wish it was a smaller dot......thanks for the info.

It is, after all, primarily intended for those with mobility issues, who would have trouble aiming at a smaller virtual home button.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is, after all, primarily intended for those with mobility issues, who would have trouble aiming at a smaller virtual home button.

Aye, and I think it would become ineffective if the dot were any smaller. You can long-press the dot and move it around when needed. I keep mine in the lower left cornering of the screen.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Understood.......but it is a nice feature for all not just people with mobility issues.
I find it's in the way a lot of the time thus a smaller dot would be nice for me...especially since I almost exclusively use a stylus.

Just sayin...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts