What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AVI Movies

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there's been a lot of discussion on converting and playing avi movies on the iPad but I hope someone can explain this to me. My DSLR records movies in avi format and easily transfers to the iPad via the camera connection kit. Within the Imported album the avi movies play great on the iPad. However once transferred from the iPad (or camera) to the desktop the avi files will not transfer back to the iPad via iTunes. What's up with that? Or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can I ask how are you trying to transfer back to iPad? Are you using iTunes "add file" to library?

OP
T

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I had not. I see now that the avi will transfer into the videos app while an mp4 will transfer into the photo album along with all images. This has been a confusion point for me and makes organizing videos along with photos difficult. I guess the bottom line is that if I want the video in the same album with photos I must convert to mp4. Again, thanks.

johnhyunyoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vuze is a good app for transferring files compatible to the ipad...i know this wasn't your question but just wanted to suggest it :)

Most reactions

Latest posts