What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.avi movies on Ipad2

miguels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I store and play .avi movies without the long 3 hour conversions to mpeg or mp4?

I have looked at AirVideo but my internet connection is not very fast and I would prefer to save them on the Ipad for holidays etc.

Thanks
Michael

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes. VLC Player, CineXPlayer and others can do this. My personal favourite is OPlayer HD. There is a free lite version for you try it out on the app store.

Aber1Kanobee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CinXPlayer is also good, but VLC seems to play everything you can throw at it... without the audio problems I've encountered with certain files using CinXPlayer (it just wont play audio on certain file types)... and its quick as lightning (especially compared to conversion)...

Maverik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a converter that actually didn't take that long to do it's magic.
I will post the details here once I get home and find the program

moshun111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is an app for the iphone called cloud browse... Its not the best but you will now be able to watch flash videos on your iphone!

krause28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buzz Player HD hands down $3.99...look no further. I also use Airvideo....but what I like about this is you can download to your ipad, iphone, etc...

If you share your folder on your computer, there is a button to download over wifi with SMTB file sharing. On my wifi you can get a 700mb AVI in about 10 minutes. I particular love this because then I can easily bring a few movies for the plane. It will also stream to Airplay, but I use AirVideo for that. And if you haven't yet get an AppleTV. It is worth every penny to stream from your mac.

OP
M

miguels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
avi movies on Ipad2

Thanks for all the advice, I have just tried CinexPlayer and it seems to work great on .avi movies.

I will continue to test any other suggestions.

Thanks
Michael

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try avplayer hd. I think it costs 2.99 but it is absolutely great.

Argyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the proper conversion file that plays correctly on the iPad?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice, I have just tried CinexPlayer and it seems to work great on .avi movies.

I will continue to test any other suggestions.

Thanks
Michael

You could add good player and Oplayer. They play almost everything. I have a whole arsenal of media player apps so now matter what format thrown at me, I'll be able to play it. I have CineXplayer, VLC player, Goodplayer, and Oplayer. The Big 4 ;-)

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The App store viable VLC player was pulled from the App store due to contentions arising from the open license. :( . But I have my copy and it's burned to
CD and stashed in my safty deposit box :p.

Most reactions