What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.avi files

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it true that we cannot play .avi files on an ipad3 ? There is absolutely no software app or anything that can play these files ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok it's not the only app but it's title makes it the most obvious......

image-1102113944.jpg

Search is your friend!

The Archangel

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok mate thanks for that quick reply but I really feel stupid now ......... I can't find it any where , what do you search for in the app store ? What others is there , god I feel dumb :-(

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jockmcd said:
Ok mate thanks for that quick reply but I really feel stupid now ......... I can't find it any where , what do you search for in the app store ? What others is there , god I feel dumb :-(

If you look in the search box at the top of the image you will see that I searched for "avi".

All the top ones came up in that search, OPlayer, AVPlayer, Goodplayer, etc.

The Archangel

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Found some more bud, cinxplayer looks good but I can't get any of them to play the avi file I've put on my ipad3 from a camera it's my sons christening from the weekend :-(

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jockmcd said:
Found some more bud, cinxplayer looks good but I can't get any of them to play the avi file I've put on my ipad3 from a camera it's my sons christening from the weekend :-(

What make/model camera is it?

The Archangel

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's my mates just asked him its a Samsung P1000

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So it's not an avi file is that what you are saying mate ? Thx for your help.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jockmcd said:
So it's not an avi file is that what you are saying mate ? Thx for your help.

Not at all, I'm just saying that it doesn't sound like it should be an avi.......does it play on any computer/device that you have?

The Archangel

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it does mate but trying to work out how to transfer and use videos on iPad as its new to me can you previously I had transferred via a mem card with the camera kit attachment now I'm tying a USB but doesn't seem to recognise USB is attached lol fun and games I can tell ya

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jockmcd said:
Yes it does mate but trying to work out how to transfer and use videos on iPad as its new to me can you previously I had transferred via a mem card with the camera kit attachment now I'm tying a USB but doesn't seem to recognise USB is attached lol fun and games I can tell ya

There is normally a simple solution to everything......unfortunately an early start tomorrow means I'll have to leave this for someone else but before I go.....

The CCK doesn't have enough power to run many USB sticks (I use a CloudFTP which runs all USB right up to the biggest Ext HD's). An SD card is your best bet. Finally, if you use the search on our website and type in something like avi+player you should find the answer to your player issues as its a topic that has been discussed many times before (although I seem to keep hearing OPlayer App coming up over and over again).......good luck!

The Archangel

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like you mate I've had enough for tonight but thanks for the help it's been much appreciated and no doubt has brung me to closer to fixing my problem and finding a solution, thx bud.

Judgejase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try avplayerhd, it has played everything I've thrown at it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cheers mate didn't work but thanks anyway looks like it may be wrong type of .avi or. Something no worries

Most reactions

Latest posts