What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Available memory - ipad2

Ipandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
New member calling with my first posting and a fairly basic question............
I'm one week into my ipad2 64gb with 3G. and can't put it down!!
From day one the available memory was showing as only 59gb?............is this correct?; 5gb for the operating system seems a lot?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's about right - it's iOS plus a load of other stuff - for example, have you downloaded any apps or music or video?

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
I

Ipandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, the 59gb available was before I had downloaded anything, so the only stuff on it was, what I would guess, are the standard apps that apple put on.
I have downloaded the instruction manual, and been very impressed with it's ease of use.
If I have one confusion it is, why didn't apple make it possible to connect directly to my iPod?........ I have an iPod Classic, which has 120gb memory (almost twice as much as my ipad2) and stores, amongst other things, a number of movies I watch when abroad; so it would seem a logical step to be be able to directly connect to my iPad, to watch a movie.......obviously, the fact that, in those situations, I am away from my Pc means I can't utilise my iTunes for the purpose....... Just an observation, it's not spoiling the iPad fun so far.......does anyone else think the same?
Thanks again for your response Tim.

Most reactions

Latest posts