What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Av connection to tv but no sound through amplifier?

wraith1310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad Hdmi connector which works perfect but only for the picture. The question I have is I have an amplifier which I don't know how to get Lund from my iPad to the tv through the amp?
I went to the apple Genius Bar and was told to plug the audio jack into the headphone socket and the into my amp, but that does no work because a conflict between audio out of the iPad and audio out of the amp so no sound?
Please help as I can imagine I would be great o get everything streaming from your iPad to the tv big screen.

Thanks anyone who can help.

Crane Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You do have : Digital AV Adapter from Apple ?
How about Digital cable to link TV to Amp. ?
HDMI 1 / 2 / 3 ..... TV Imput
Aux. 1. 2. D,in on receiver , amp .
Should work try another TV ...

OP
W

wraith1310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have connector from iPad to tv-I can see the picture on my tv but no sound
Tv is linked to amp as normal because I use the Hdmi cable from blu ray player to connect to. I remove Hdmi from blu ray and plug into iPad connector???? Picture but no sound????

Thanks for the reply

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check the sound settings on the TV. It might be set for something the iPad does not put out, so bring it down to a more common audio protocol.

pyromad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you plugging audio from headphone port on iPad into an input on the amp and not the output? As that could be we're your getting the conflicting audio.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, you had an HDMI cable going from Blu-ray to amp....and then another cable from amp to TV....amp drives the speakers, right? When you play from the blu-ray player, you select the blu-ray input on the amp, right? If you take cable off blu-ray player and put it on iPad, then you need to make sure you select blu-ray player so that both audio and video coming from iPad is outputted to TV (video) and speakers (audio).

Of course, I don't know what you "amp" really is...traditionally, an amp is not needed for a video signal, only for audio...I use a AV (audio/Video) receiver as the heart of my home theater system. All sources come in via HDMI and get routed to the TV and speakers depending what which source I'm using. So I have to tell the receiver (which has audio amps built into it) which source I'm using at a given time.

The iPad will send both audio and video out over an HDMI cable. You have to make sure the video can get to the TV and the audio can get to the speakers. You are the only one who knows enough about your setup (at this point) to make sure that is happening. If you want help, you have to get more details.

Most reactions

Latest posts