What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aux AV input to Ipad possible?

jimsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent a few days reading the forum and I compliment everyone on all the great information.

However, I did not see any information that is current on importing an external AV source to the iPad.

For instance I have a DVD player in my vehicle and would like to use the iPad to display that video without a complicated interface.

If anyone has any information please let me know. thank you

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

For your application, there is no way for an iPad to serve as an external monitor for your DVD system. There are lots of ways to use your iPad to stream video over your home computer network, but that does not appear to be what you are asking.

If you are wanting to use your iPad to play videos in your car, you can "rip" DVD's you already own and convert them to MP4 format or buy them from the iTunes store.

shadrool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im in the same boat.

looked at this first:

echofx.com

the catch is that you need to take the drivers and recompile them to work for ios.
this is what i currently working on.
ill post when im making progress.

Most reactions