What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automee-S is a robot that cleans your iPad screen

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
takara-tomy-auto-mee-s.jpg

Screens have a tendency to attract dust, no matter how often you clean it and what kind of products you use in the process. You might have wiped your iPad’s screen yesterday, but then got home to find it is covered in dust once again. For those annoyed at the prospect of becoming some sort of Greek Sisyphus when your electronic devices are concerned, you should know there’s a solution to the problem.

Japanese firm Takara Tomny has come up with an ingenious solution that will leave your iPad screen shiny clean, without you having to touch it. The invention has been nicknamed Automee-S and is a round shape device that measures 2.75 inches and comes in four different colors: orange, white, pink and blue. The little dust eater resembles in appearance to the iRobot Roomba floor-cleaning automatons, so you can get an idea.

The Automee-S will cost around of $17 and runs on average AA batteries. The device cleans the surface using two replaceable cleaning discs. These discs are programmed so that they will recognize when they come across the edges of the device, and will not stumble off it, but turn back. The whole cleaning process can take up to eight minutes, roughly.

So far, there’s no word if the device will be made available in the United States, but it is known that the Automee-S will be out on the Japanese market starting March the 28th.

Source: Engadget

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope it comes here to the US as it sounds like something that I need. You get tired of using a cloth all the time to clean the screen as my room can get dusty really bad.

Barnipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eight minutes is a bit long, either it moves very slow or it moves random and will in 8 minutes have eventually covered 100% of the complete screen area. Looking at the size of the little robot it is covering about 20% of the screen. Price is not too bad.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see the point. If you have a good quality screen protector then simply using warm water and a soft towel make it look like new with about a minute of effort.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't use this thing for free, except as a gag. It takes maybe 30 seconds to wipe my screen, and it's not like some kind of workout, lol.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I wouldn't use this thing for free, except as a gag. It takes maybe 30 seconds to wipe my screen, and it's not like some kind of workout, lol.

Right. I mean, an automatic pool cleaner is one thing. But, an automated cleaner for a ten inch iPad screen? Seriously? It's like the abbreviation for July being JUL. who's in that much of a hurry? Lol. :)

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Right. I mean, an automatic pool cleaner is one thing. But, an automated cleaner for a ten inch iPad screen? Seriously? It's like the abbreviation for July being JUL. who's in that much of a hurry? Lol. :)
I totally AGGREE with you guys. Do you really need a robot to clean your 10" screen in 8 min. when you can wipe it down in 30 sec?

Regards.
From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:

Correction it's 11 inch I guess

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally AGGREE with you guys. Do you really need a robot to clean your 10" screen in 8 min. when you can wipe it down in 30 sec?

I usually clean all my screens at once when I'm home and have all of them handy. Tonight, I dampened an eyeglass cloth and wiped the screens of two iPads, two Kindle Fire HD 7", a Samsung 7", a 5" Samsung phablet, an iPhone and an iPod touch in less than eight minutes, lol.

jamku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dust?? dust is the least of the problems why my screen needs cleaning. its the awfully greasy fingerprints that stick way too much. wonder if that robot cleans the fingerprints too. then, when you leave it to rest, why not put a bot on it to work so when you need it again its shiny clean. 8/10 - would buy for that a price :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Uuuuhhhhhh, a little too high tech for me!!! LOL.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are we getting just a bit too lazy? Eight minutes to clean the iPad screen? Really?

I call this tech abuse and it makes me want to go Amish.

Most reactions

Latest posts