What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatically close folders?

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've recently jumped from IOS 5.1 to IOS 7. One of the tweaks I really miss is FolderCloser. I'm wondering if there is another option available that would serve a similar function.

Thanks.

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On another site I was looking at, FolderCloser was listed as being IOS 7 compatable. I've installed it and it appears to be working fine.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as you know, that tweak isn't updated. So, it's a matter of waiting for an update.

However, people have found the tweak still works on their devices running iOS 7. It definitely doesn't work, however, on the iPad Air and the retina Mini (and the iPhone 5S). I just put it on my iPhone 5 and it seems to work - but I got a brief flash of my springboard before the app opens. But, when I closed the app, the folder was closed. I didn't even try it on my iPad Air... But, maybe it'll work on your iPad?

If it doesn't work for you, I found this workaround on reddit:

If you have Activator, you can assign an action so that the press of the Home button goes to the first springboard page. In Activator, set this:

Activator> In Application> Home Button Single Press> First Springboard Page

Not perfect, because you'll be at your first page (can't set any other page with Activator). But, maybe it'll do until the tweak gets updated?

Marilyn

EDITED TO ADD: Guess I type too slow! :D

Last edited:
OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn. So far so good on my iPad 2, knock on wood.

Most reactions