What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AutoFill

amazon60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. Time to time I have to type over & over again some info. I was wondering if I can have Safari auto filling data, besides names & passwords.
Thanks for your help ☺

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand any time!

The iPad can automatically fill in text fields with your personal contact information, usernames, and passwords of websites that you have saved. The Safari AutoFill feature is off by default. Here's how to enable it:

1. Settings > Safari > AutoFill > Use Contact Info = On > Select "My Info" > Locate your contact information

2. Settings > Safari > Autofill > "Names and Passwords" = On.

BTW, per our rules your duplicate post was removed. Please take a moment to click on the links below my signature to get to know our forum and your iPad!

Enjoy the forum and we'll look forward to hearing from you!

OP
amazon60

amazon60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello richsadams

Thanks for your answer. I already have enabled "Names and Passwords". I believe that "Use Contact Info" is used only for contacts, right? This one is disabled.
Sorry if I didn't express myself very well before. What I meant, was if it would autofill for information such as gym card number or any other data.
Is there any way to insert data into Settings> Safari> Databases, so Safari could automatically fill in when necessary?
Thanks! :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, got it. I think your only option then is to use an app that will do that. I have 1Password and it does exactly that (and has a lot of other features as well).

1Password

You can also use 1Password on all of your computers, smart phone, etc. if you sync it with Dropbox.

Dropbox - Simplify your life

Both are pretty amazing programs.

OP
amazon60

amazon60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard about 1Password. I'll have a close look to it.
I've been using Dropbox and I like it very much.

Thanks for your tip! At least I won't keep looking as an iPad feature.

Cheers! :)

Most reactions