What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autofill email

psyxprt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband inherited my old ipad when I got a new one. After I reset it, it no longer automatically finishes an email address that it should recognize. I can't find any info on how to enable this again. Help!

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
psyxprt said:
My husband inherited my old ipad when I got a new one. After I reset it, it no longer automatically finishes an email address that it should recognize. I can't find any info on how to enable this again. Help!

When you say 'automatically' finishes an email address, do you mean when enter a letter and a list of addressees appear? If so you must have erased your contact list during the reset.

OP
P

psyxprt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I refill the contact list? I thought it might have to do with ICloud, but I can't get to the verify part of ICloud ( no email shows up) and Iit won't let me delete the account and start over( when I delete and then try to put account name back in, it says account already exists).

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
psyxprt said:
How do I refill the contact list? I thought it might have to do with ICloud, but I can't get to the verify part of ICloud ( no email shows up) and Iit won't let me delete the account and start over( when I delete and then try to put account name back in, it says account already exists).

I am not sure if iCloud saves your contact list, it should I think, if you backed up to iCloud. I am sure someone else will jump in and help you more than I can. If not you will have to re-enter the contacts again manually.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you were syncing your contacts on the old iPad via iCloud.

Under Settings > iCloud you should be able to log into your old iCloud/iTunes account. There is a switch to turn on/off Contacts. Logged in and turned on, your contacts should sync back to the iPad; providing you were syncing them there to begin with.

You can see if you were syncing them by visiting icloud.com in a computer browser and signing in with your iCloud/itunes ID. Check the Contacts app on the site to see if it has your info.

Your iCloud and iTunes Apple ID may or may not be the same, depending on how you set them up (of didn't).

If you never synced your Contacts, or sync with a different service the recover will method will vary, or not possible; depending.

Most reactions

Latest posts