What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto speech and swipe disabled on new Ipad (3)

architectalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello people...
I just got a new Ipad 3, I was using it just fine playing GTA china wars. I quit the application and pressed the home button to get the app bar on the bottom of the screen. I dont know what happened but now I get a synth voice saying the name of everything i select on screen, i need to double tap anything to get it to work, and swipe is disabled so i cant for example get to the bottom of the settings page, what is this feature and how can i cancel it..
Thanks

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check out all your settings - especially multi-touch and accessibility.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you have activated VoiceOver in Accessability......

image-4064025695.jpg

You need to do the opposite of what it says in the image here.

The Archangel

OP
A

architectalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Archangel..After much struggle with the crippled swipe I managed to get to accessibility and disable voice over and disable the autotoggle after 3 home presses..:D
much obliged

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great to hear!

Of course you can access the bottom settings bar with a four finger swipe up at any time, that way you don't have to use the home button at all! And of course a four finger swipe down closes it again.

The Archangel

Most reactions