What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto scrolling

jellyrollgumdrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I've had an ipad for nearly a couple of years now and, apart from surfing the net on the sofa, I use it for my music.
I am a musician and have all of my songs uploaded from Word on my laptop onto 'Pages' via iCloud.
I have to manually flip the screen to get the page to scroll to the next one, and it doesn't always stop if there is another following page! This is whilst I am playing an instrument. I know there are other apps available that have scrolling and I don't mind paying, but I have gotten really used to my existing setup (and I have so many songs already uploaded) I don't really want to change the format.
So, I am looking for an auto scroller to use with 'Pages'. Ideally with an adjustable speed. I have searched this site and there appears to be one with some app if I 'Jailbreak'. Pardon? I'm not a geek and don't understand this term. Can anyone out there help me please?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I've had an ipad for nearly a couple of years now and, apart from surfing the net on the sofa, I use it for my music.
I am a musician and have all of my songs uploaded from Word on my laptop onto 'Pages' via iCloud.
I have to manually flip the screen to get the page to scroll to the next one, and it doesn't always stop if there is another following page! This is whilst I am playing an instrument. I know there are other apps available that have scrolling and I don't mind paying, but I have gotten really used to my existing setup (and I have so many songs already uploaded) I don't really want to change the format.
So, I am looking for an auto scroller to use with 'Pages'. Ideally with an adjustable speed. I have searched this site and there appears to be one with some app if I 'Jailbreak'. Pardon? I'm not a geek and don't understand this term. Can anyone out there help me please?

Yes, there is a jail break tweak that allows automatic scrolling. It's called AutoScroll and it's free on Cydia (last I heard).

However, and obviously, your iPad has to be jail broken in order for you to get/use this tweak.

So, see this for some details about jail breaking: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreaking-explained.html. In addition, the Hacking section (where this thread is located) has many threads that help explain all about jail breaking...

Then, see this to see if the iOS version you have on the iPad is jailbreakable: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

If your iPad is jail breakable, there are links in the second link that lead to tutorials on how to jail break (if that's what you decide to do).

If your iPad is NOT jailbreakable, then there is nothing you can do to get this tweak. So, you'll have to join the rest of us in waiting for a jail break on iOS 7. We have made this thread for people to keep up-to-date with the latest iOS 7 news: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/114230-ios7-jailbreak-status-thread-official.html

Hopefully, this'll get you started. Have fun on your research and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about jail breaking and the iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts