What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto cropping

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey it's a long shot but nothing ventured - as they say! A pal of mine (auctioneer) takes a thousand pictures every auction for his catalogue, always on the same background (white) always from the same distance about 1.5 Mtr - so there is always a dark image (subject) on a white background. Does anybody know of a method or app or anything which can cut down the complete waste of time and energy in cropping each single image to make them look nice?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey it's a long shot but nothing ventured - as they say! A pal of mine (auctioneer) takes a thousand pictures every auction for his catalogue, always on the same background (white) always from the same distance about 1.5 Mtr - so there is always a dark image (subject) on a white background. Does anybody know of a method or app or anything which can cut down the complete waste of time and energy in cropping each single image to make them look nice?

Sounds like your friend needs an 'Image Batch Resizer' app for iOS - of course, many exist for OS X & Windows - I have multiple photo apps on my iPad but have not had the need for batch resizing and/or cropping - but just a brief look in the App Store brought up the program shown below - might have him give it a try; if not what he needs then do some more searching on the store - and hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ their own experiences. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 11.10.20 AM.png

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think he's looking for an app that can analyze each image, and crop it to minimize the excess white space, which varies according to the size of the subject. I have never heard of any iOS app that intelligent, though you could probably create a Photoshop action to use the magic wand and some other commands to do it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think he's looking for an app that can analyze each image, and crop it to minimize the excess white space, which varies according to the size of the subject. I have never heard of any iOS app that intelligent, though you could probably create a Photoshop action to use the magic wand and some other commands to do it.

Well, our OP's friend will have to provide some more input - I was not completely sure what the ultimate goal(s) were wanted? Dave :)

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lanny is spot on that is exactly what he is after.

Most reactions