What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audiobooks

matt5968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my 1st audiobook on I tunes. How do you put a bookmark when you stop listening to it. Thanks all. I'm a newbie Alex

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I buy audiobooks from Audible, not iTunes, but they probably work similarly: no need to bookmark; it just picks up where you left off. If it doesn't keep its place, I've read that an app called Bookmark works well.

I've not bothered, though, because Audible audiobooks work really well. I listen to them on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and you can load them on many other devices easily, including other MP3 players and GPS devices with an MP3 feature. The Audible app (free) also comes with bookmarking, sleep timer and more. Love it.

DMS450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but, how do you bookmark?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Which app are you using....is it Audible? If so just stop your playback and then add a bookmark by pressing the tab (looks like a bookmark with a + sign on it) which is to the right of the Play/Pause tab.

If not this app, let us know.

DMS450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am downloading from iTunes, so I guess I'm using my music app.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am downloading from iTunes, so I guess I'm using my music app.

If you download audiobooks from iTunes they do end up in your music app. These screenshots show how to find your downloaded audiobook.

image-3343144207.jpg

image-322088534.jpg
There are, unfortunately, no bookmarks in the music app.

There is a workaround, however. You can download the free Audible app. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/audiobooks-from-audible/id379693831?mt=8
When you open the app and go to the library page, tap the iTunes button and the audiobook you downloaded through iTunes will appear. Tap on the audiobook icon and you will go to the playback screen. From there, you can place as many bookmarks as you please by using the bookmark button.

image-3433169377.jpg

image-958597117.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts