What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio with the display turned off

GlenPav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 'music' app works fine when I click the display off, but another app, which is made for listening before or during sleep (called the 'binary beat builder') will stop playing as soon as the display is clicked off or when the iPad autolocks. I am not trying to listening live ie to an on-line audio from Safari etc, but to audio that is part of an app. The only thing I can do at this point is to turn down the brightness as low as possible and have the iPad not auto-lock, and then leave it on all night.

I have OS 7.1.1

Is there a fix for this do you know??

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is going to depend on the app. If the developer has not enabled/added background audio playback then there is no way to force it to happen.

Go to their support site and see what they have to say. There is 'probably' some method of feedback you can use to let them know you want this feature in future version.

Developer's are required to have a support link/site on the App's description page in the App Store. Some of them, the better developers, link to useful information and support sties.

OP
G

GlenPav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is going to depend on the app. If the developer has not enabled/added background audio playback then there is no way to force it to happen.

Go to their support site and see what they have to say. There is 'probably' some method of feedback you can use to let them know you want this feature in future version.

Developer's are required to have a support link/site on the App's description page in the App Store. Some of them, the better developers, link to useful information and support sties.

Will do. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

I could not find the app you mentioned, but take a look around the App Store. Most likely there are several apps along the same lines, and one or more of them will play in the background.

OP
G

GlenPav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I looked as well and although a google will come up with an Android app by the same name, it looks like this one has gone by the wayside. Too bad 'cause I really like it's options, as you can even bring in your own music to add the beat to, and the pre-installed variety of tunes is excellent on it's own.

I emailed the address on their site but am not getting a response.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/binaural-beat-builder/id566491020?mt=8
http://bbeatbuilder.weebly.com/support.html

Sure would be nice to get in touch with them somehow.
(I did a hard core reboot as was suggested by another forum but this didn't fix the problem.... I was hoping. I have another app doing the same thing - call Clock Pro- which won't alert or beep when the display is off, so I was hoping it was just a setting thing on my end.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, binaural, not binary. If I knew more about the subject I probably would have figured that out.

I see several apps in the App Store offering binaural beats features; though I've no idea how good they are. Hold in mind that even the iPhone apps will probably work on your iPad, though in a 2x not-so-pretty mode.

If you want to see iPhone apps when searching on the iPad, be sure to change the iPad Only box to iPhone Only. You should see this option at the top of the search results screen.

{I opened up my search a bit by searing for just 'binaural'}

OP
G

GlenPav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops. Sorry about that - it is binaural.

It is an iPhone app, since I do have to do the 2x to use it on the iPad. Did the iPhone search though as you suggested and still don't see it.

I did find it again at this site: http://ios-apps.findthebest.com/l/1258121/Binaural-Beat-Builder
And found his address at this site:
http://sourceforge.net/p/sbagen/mailman/message/29945696/
(Tim Steinke)

Hope he gets back to me. If not I will look into some of the other ones.
Thank you for your responses. Most appreciated.

Most reactions