What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio quality and spatial separation is amazing on the iPad Pro.

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own a few production studios and have lots of high end audio equipment in my media rooms and am very picky and hyper critical of artificial soundstages. That said, I was watching a few episodes of Elementary and CSI Miami on Hulu and the spatial sound stage between the 4 speakers is outstanding on the Pro. I have heard every tablet from Lenovo that claims to have "surround sound" and the Pro blows them away. In a quiet room, I kept stopping the Hulu because the right and left ambient sound effects sounded so real, I thought they were coming from another room in my home. Sounds like a 5.1 surround sound is happening from the front sound stage of the iPad Pro.

Hedgewick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own a few production studios and have lots of high end audio equipment in my media rooms and am very picky and hyper critical of artificial soundstages. That said, I was watching a few episodes of Elementary and CSI Miami on Hulu and the spatial sound stage between the 4 speakers is outstanding on the Pro. I have heard every tablet from Lenovo that claims to have "surround sound" and the Pro blows them away. In a quiet room, I kept stopping the Hulu because the right and left ambient sound effects sounded so real, I thought they were coming from another room in my home. Sounds like a 5.1 surround sound is happening from the front sound stage of the iPad Pro.

Agree, but I'm having a sound issue with the iPad Pro. All notification sounds for texts and email are extremely low volume. In fact, I can only hear some of them in a completely quiet room. Apple says they have no idea and to restore to factory settings and if that doesn't work, return to Best Buy. Tried the Best Buy demo iPad Pro yesterday and it has the same issues. What about yours?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agree, but I'm having a sound issue with the iPad Pro. All notification sounds for texts and email are extremely low volume. In fact, I can only hear some of them in a completely quiet room. Apple says they have no idea and to restore to factory settings and if that doesn't work, return to Best Buy. Tried the Best Buy demo iPad Pro yesterday and it has the same issues. What about yours?
Maybe the advice in this thread will help:
My iPad Speaker suddenly has gone very low in volume...Can Anyone help? | Apple iPad Forum

OP
Mystro

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a software issue. Looks like beta 9.2 fixes the lower volume notification sound issue. So far the Pro has been released relatively glitch free.

Most reactions