What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Jitter/Skips when walking

danvallins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a look around and couldn't find anything relating to this problem...

I just encountered it this morning whilst walking in to work, my ipad was in my backpack and I was using itunes to listen to an album when the audio started jitering uncontrolably, the volume kept becoming very loud every split second or so, then I just started to get clicks and pops through all of the audio. At first I thought it was my headphones but I've tested it at work with someone elses and it still happens.

Has anyone else encountered this? It is something to do with the ipad not being able to be used like an iPod due to the disc not being able to be read when on the move?

Cheers,
Dan

runnymede

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too

I'm just new to iPad but whenever I take it out walking (and I am not a fast walker) it skips in the songs. If I hold my bag away from my body it doesn't skip so it's obviously the bumping of my walking.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
runnymede said:
I'm just new to iPad but whenever I take it out walking (and I am not a fast walker) it skips in the songs. If I hold my bag away from my body it doesn't skip so it's obviously the bumping of my walking.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you mean skip to the next song/shuffle or skip to another point in the same song?

runnymede

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Do you mean skip to the next song/shuffle or skip to another point in the same song?

To another point in the same song but not far ahead. So now i don't think that its movement. Today i was listening to music and it started doing it but the ipad wasn't moving. I shook it a ot and it never skipped while i was shaking it. Weird.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
runnymede said:
To another point in the same song but not far ahead. So now i don't think that its movement. Today i was listening to music and it started doing it but the ipad wasn't moving. I shook it a ot and it never skipped while i was shaking it. Weird.

Ok, the only time I've had that happen with an iPod, iPhone or iPad is when the track has skipped whilst ripping from CD. You will find that if that is the case, the song will skip at the same point each time. The solution would be to either try to rip the song from CD again (cleaning the disc and checking it for scratches and debris), or get a digital download from iTunes or another source.

runnymede

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But wouldn't it skip regardless of the device? I've played these same songs on my laptop, my iPod touch and now the iPad. They've only ever skipped on the iPad. Unless overplaying wears them out.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps but the only time I had this happen on my iPad was with an old set of headphones, when I tried a different set no skipping.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
darkangelwitch said:
I don't know if this helps but the only time I had this happen on my iPad was with an old set of headphones, when I tried a different set no skipping.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Good point. If your headphones have any sort of controls on them (volume, skip, pause, etc.) they might be interfering with the normal payback.

Most reactions

Latest posts