1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Audio distortion from iPad to amplification source

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by tonewheeler, Dec 28, 2012.

1. tonewheeler

tonewheeler iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello.. I'm a newbie here, but no a newbie to iPads.

Recently, I purchased an iRig midi interface to use with some of the cool apps, like iGrand, pocket organ, garage band, etc.

Everything hooked up great---midi-wise---

However, there is these extreme distortion on feedback from the headphone jack on my iPad 2 to my mixing console. I've been using a standard Radio Shack stereo mini jack from the iPad to stereo inputs to my mixer. I've tested the sound through the tiny iPad speakers and their is no distortion.

I was able to eliminate some of the feed back by turning down the volume on the iPad and mixing board, but I still have a great deal of noise. I would describe the noise as "white noise" that sounds like a swishing sound.

Is there some proprietary audio cable I should be using?

Any or suggestions or help would be welcome!

Thanks,
    Dan :)