What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio books bought from itunes

bladerunner1962

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone thanks for a fantastic app for my new ipad
Just a quick question I buy quite a lot of audio books from iTunes and have a ipad 3 and classic iPod but use a android phone for work and listing to podcasts but would like to use my android phone for this purpose ..I know the books are drm but think you buy the books so I should be able to use on any device
Best regards vince

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's why I buy audiobooks from Audible, never iTunes. Audible has apps across many platforms and devices, and they make it easy to access books you've bought on iOS or Android, for instance. Great customer service, and lots of sales, too.

OP
bladerunner1962

bladerunner1962

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks for that info ....how do you get remove drm from audio tracks ...
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bladerunner1962 said:
Ok thanks for that info ....how do you get remove drm from audio tracks ...
Thanks

Removing DRM from audio books or anything else, in fact, would be in violation of the DMCA and technically illegal.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, scifan, for supplying that info.

If there is a way of removing DRM, we could not allow discussion of it here since the forum does not condone piracy.

With this in mind, and as Kay has given some good advice, please feel free to continue this discussion with iPF policy in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may try the Kindle app, they have a version for Mac, PC, iOS devices, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile 7 (probably 8 too, but I haven't seen it). You can read your book on any device and it will sync your notes and place across them all. Thing is you need to buy books through the Kindle store (Amazon). The app is free to install too.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may try the Kindle app, they have a version for Mac, PC, iOS devices, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile 7 (probably 8 too, but I haven't seen it). You can read your book on any device and it will sync your notes and place across them all. Thing is you need to buy books through the Kindle store (Amazon). The app is free to install too.

Are you talking about ebooks or audiobooks? OP is asking about breaking DRM on audiobooks purchased from iTunes, which we're not allowed to discuss on the forum.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops, correct, I missed that. I think Audible does the same cross functionality but have never used it do I cannot verify that or say how well it may work but it may be a solution for the OP that doesn't involve illegal stripping of DRM

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oops, correct, I missed that. I think Audible does the same cross functionality but have never used it do I cannot verify that or say how well it may work but it may be a solution for the OP that doesn't involve illegal stripping of DRM

I can verify it: it works and it works well. I love Audible.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can verify it: it works and it works well. I love Audible.

Have you been using the synching feature across devices? I keep meaning to, but I've got different audiobooks going on three devices and keep waiting to finish them before I try.

Most reactions

Latest posts