What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATV Video Mirroring with iPad 1?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am SOOO disappointed that this is not allowed on iPad 1 and assume that it has been disabled due to possible performance issues rather than missing hardware or software.

I would be prepared consider jail breaking to have this feature.

So far, I have found that after jail breaking, it is fairly simple to do via VGA or HDMI but no mention of ATV.

Does anyone know whether video mirroring to ATV is possible?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strangely in the iPad 1 the airplay button appears and is active (the button only) but does nothing. Not a major issue for me as many apps have built in AirPlay and I also use TVout Genie which picks up most of the other stuff (albeit not always a stable solution).

The Archangel

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strangely in the iPad 1 the airplay button appears and is active (the button only) but does nothing. Not a major issue for me as many apps have built in AirPlay and I also use TVout Genie which picks up most of the other stuff (albeit not always a stable solution).

The Archangel

I think that it turns AirPlay on for all apps that support it rather than turning it on within each app.

Most reactions

Latest posts