What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention music lovers!

mskailyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M looking for some new music. Im into a lot of different genres of music. Can some of you list some songs i should look up? For the record, the only thing im not into is rap.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My God, what a monumental task you have set before us, young Mskaliyn. For the 1200 or so musicians I can mention off the top of my head, every one has at least a few 'Must Haves' and they all have a few 'Don't Bother, what the hell do you think you are doing; you call that musics?' too. All are good but not everything the musicians I adore releases music I adore. Except for Eric Clapton, he can do no wrong.

If you like great players (the players that truly great players wish they could play like) I'll suggest Ron Block, the banjo player for AKUS. Jerry Douglas who is unquestionably the finest Dobro player breathing air. Roy Clark, One of the absolutely no doubt about it finest guitar/fiddle/banjo players on the planet. Charo, an absolute and unquestioned master of the guitar. Yngwie Malmsteen, a guitar player you must see to believe, and all chamber music by The Emerson String Quartet. I can absolutely recommend any release by any of those folks. I just bought "Charo and Guitar," Get that one.

I cannot recommend Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64, however. Although popular, is not a personal favorite. Especially the The Budapest Symphony Orchestra's performance of the piece in the fall of 1897 which was a tad lackluster in my considered opinion, so I cannot recommend that particular 78 to you.

By the way, a 78 is a plastic disk with a groove on one side and a groove on the other side. It spins at 78 revolutions per minute and the sound comes out of a horn; usually accompanied by a dog listening to the noise. We called it analog. Ask your grandparents, smiley.

Most here will likely agree that the 1935 recording of the Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64 on Victor sounds a bit tired as well, so avoid that one. Am I right, folks? Or perhaps I just need a new needle.

Celtic Women, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, ZZ Top, 1019 Fruit Gum Company, the Cowsills, Anything by Mahler, The Beatles, The Stones, The Monkees, Charo, Allison Krause and Union Station, Johnny Cash, Jefferson Airplane, Andy Williams, Blondie, Yngwie Malmsteen, The Archies, Jimmie Hendrixs, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Van Halen, Randy Rhodes, Joe Satriani, David Gilmour; the United States Marine Corp Band is grand indeed.

If you want a great band piece, I suggest my B-flat Coronet performances in The Music Man, recorded at the Valley Fair Music Hall before you and the Internet were born. Smiley.

Jose Feleciano or Bread; to Bowling For Soup to Carol King and the Dixie Chicks . . . Be specific. What is your favorite genre of music and help us help you. I could list 5,000 songs if you want. Asking for a list of song suggestions will result in vast numbers of song titles, so it is hard to give recommendations.

Do you like Guitarists, Harpists, Banjoists, Brass Players, Rock and Roll from the '50s, Theremin music, piano pounders? Or perhaps the Zither or Wurlitzer pipe organ music. Or Justin Bieber and his Marching Band. I can give you specific songs to have a go at, but it is impossible to list a few favorites. OK, the two that sit at the top of my long list are these: "What's New *****cat" by Tom Jones, and "Is That All There Is?" by Peggy Lee.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
There are only 7 albums you need to acquire to ensure you own the world's most important recordings.

DEEP PURPLE - "Made in Japan"
image-2320381217.png

LED ZEPPELIN - "Mothership"
image-1674155962.png

THE COTTARS - "Feast"
image-2471388416.png

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SCORE
Season's 1-4
by Bear McCreary
image-3780828717.png

Congrats! You don't have to buy music again. :)

AA

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can only tell you what I like and that is Muse, Coldplay, LMFAO, Bruno Mars, Cee Lo Green, Michael Buble, Jason Derulo, Christina Perri, Charlene Soraia, Adele, Amy Winehouse,anything by Hayley Westenra and Katherine Jenkins, King of Leon, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Green Day, Ludovico Einaudi, My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds To Mars.... Sigh! That's just a sample and I love all genres. It depends on my mood, rock on minute and classical another. I'm into Xmas music so that's just about anyone, you are right Bob, it's not an easy task! Just a small slice of what I like, I own 13 000 songs!

Most reactions

Latest posts