What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attempt to update iPad3 to iOS 6, iTunes only gives me errors, now I have no use

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings,
Another thing to check on you computer is the firewall and the antivirus. I had to disable mine one time to restore my iPad. I learned about the antivirus software causing trouble when restoring. I didn't have to uninstall the antivirus there was a temporarily disable the antivirus until I reboot option. I went for that and the restore went just fine.
Good luck. The instructions you were following work just fine. You may have to try them a few times to get it to work out.

OP
FrustratedRage

FrustratedRage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,
Another thing to check on you computer is the firewall and the antivirus. I had to disable mine one time to restore my iPad. I learned about the antivirus software causing trouble when restoring. I didn't have to uninstall the antivirus there was a temporarily disable the antivirus until I reboot option. I went for that and the restore went just fine.
Good luck. The instructions you were following work just fine. You may have to try them a few times to get it to work out.

I tried going into DFU mode for more than 2 hours. But I did not read anywhere to disable my AV. I guess I will try that next. But... some sites say you can get into DFU without being connected to your computer, so the AV shouldn't really matter. I will let you know if I can do it.

OP
FrustratedRage

FrustratedRage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings,

I disabled my AV, it didn't help. I guess now I have to find some place that will charge me half the cost of the ipad to fix it.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FrustratedRage said:
I disabled my AV, it didn't help. I guess now I have to find some place that will charge me half the cost of the ipad to fix it.

Have you tried connecting your iPad to a different USB port on your computer? Specifically, try one of the ports that is directly connected to your motherboard (on the back of the computer). My PC has two USB ports on the front of the computer and six or seven on the back. The front ones mess up some of the time, especially with the iPhone.
I am hoping that you can get this fixed without having to shell out some hard earned cash.

OP
FrustratedRage

FrustratedRage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried connecting your iPad to a different USB port on your computer? Specifically, try one of the ports that is directly connected to your motherboard (on the back of the computer). My PC has two USB ports on the front of the computer and six or seven on the back. The front ones mess up some of the time, especially with the iPhone.
I am hoping that you can get this fixed without having to shell out some hard earned cash.

This is a very interesting suggestion, however, I am using a laptop of sorts. It is he ASUS G74S, I do not know which USB ports connect directly to the motherboard.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FrustratedRage said:
This is a very interesting suggestion, however, I am using a laptop of sorts. It is he ASUS G74S, I do not know which USB ports connect directly to the motherboard.

How about, try the ones at the back of the laptop first with no other USB devices plugged in. If that one doesn't solve the error code try another USB port.
This is like playing a puzzle game for me with not being able to see the laptop.

OP
FrustratedRage

FrustratedRage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I tried different ports, nothing worked. I plugged in my iPad to charge, and tried doing he button combination then, that didn't change anything. In 2 hours, I plugged it back into my computer, went into itunes, and just for the heck of it clicked on restore ipad for the 7 millionth time. And whallah, it started working through the progress, and to my surprise, no error messages. After 4-5 minutes it told me all my data would be lost, I said okay, and now BOOM! My iPad is restored to factory settings, but just with iOS 6.

OP
FrustratedRage

FrustratedRage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What the heck, where did the rest of my message go from the last post?

I want to say thank you all who helped me with ideas, tutorials, walkthroughs, good vibes and so on. :cool:

Most reactions