Attempt to update iPad3 to iOS 6, iTunes only gives me errors, now I have no use

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by FrustratedRage, Dec 16, 2012.

1. FrustratedRage

FrustratedRage iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Attempt to update iPad3 to iOS 6, iTunes only gives me errors, [solved]

Hello friends. I finally decide to update my iPad to the iOS 6 or is it something like 6.11, anyways, I wanted to update my ipad3. I connected my USB cable to my computer, opened itunes, backed up my things, synced everything, when and clicked on update. After it spends 15 minutes downloading, it tells me about an error “something..something…1611â€. I click on the link, try to read through what to do about it.
    I updated my itunes to the newest version just today. My W7 is updated.
    Now all I have is this on my screen, [​IMG]

I tried disconnecting my ipad, and reconnecting it. I then get this message, [​IMG]. I tried getting my ipad out of recovery mode, there are many videos on youtube about how to do it, but it did nothing, after the sliced apple logo pops up, it just goes back to that image of the usb cable pointing at the itunes logo.

So now I have no use of my ipad, and being in the hospital right now, I was using it a lot, I am really tired of how difficult Apple makes the simplest things. I don’t know what else I’m supposed to do.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. Deanp

Deanp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just out of interest, is this iPad jailbroken (hacked)? And is the update button on iTunes greyed out?

Sorry that you are in the hospital. Get well soon!

D
  3. FrustratedRage

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jailbroken? hmm... I do not know. I bought through craigslist, what does jailbroken do? it has worked flawlessly up to now. The update button was not grayed out, because I pressed it to update my ipad
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,821 / 0
  5. FrustratedRage

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Mickey, this guide would be wonderful if Apple didnt hate their customers.
    I tried getting my ipad into DFU mode 24 times, no effect, it keeps going back to the same screen that I showed in the original post.
  6. Deanp

Deanp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you tried restoring the iPad on iTunes?
  7. sunder36

sunder36 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    same prob

hye there... im actually having the exactly same problem as yours! please help me too... all the methods in youtube n evrywhere still cannot work... hope any expert can help me too... nw my device is in restore mode n i can only go to DFU mode.. tats al i can d0 with my device! restoring through itunes cant work also... pse help!!
  8. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,821 / 0
    Did you try following the steps [exactly] as outlined in the link I provided above?

Marilyn
  9. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Something odd is up with your iPad. Apple does not make the ipad hard to use, in fact it is quite the opposite. If you did in fact buy a jailbroken iPad, you can't blame apple for that.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  10. sunder36

sunder36 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea... I have tried the method in ur link... Bt it doesnt work too. My ipad is jailbroken 5.1.1 ! Hope anyone of u have any method fr me to try... Actlly i tried through redsnow to restore thn ipsw n select the firmware.. . I slect the corr t firmware and the process was running until d end... It says the firmware u selected might not b the perfect firmware with your ipad... *** problem i dunt know
  11. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,821 / 0
    At which step in the tutorial I linked did the process fail? This tutorial has helped many a person upgrade to the newest iOS (6.0.2 as of this writing). If you can tell us where it failed - we might be able to fix the tutorial. Thanks.

Marilyn
  12. sunder36

sunder36 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    image-128421278.jpg

Hey.. The problem through the method is .... The error 3194 occur! U can see in the pics i attach... I acttly i tried watchng many videos on utube rgarding to solve error 3194 bt still cannot... I want to save my shsh also i have some problems.. Can u help me... Thn if any prob occur i can tell u asap so easier to solve....
  13. FrustratedRage

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know if you think that everyone is supposed to know everything about everything, but some of us don't read everything written about every product made. I don't have any other "jailbroken" items, and I didn't know that such a thing even exist on the iPad. I bought it to use for work, not jailbreaking. So I am sorry if I am blaming apple for a problem that I have with an apple product.

I followed these directions, http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html, step by step, tried it multiple times, to no effect.
  14. Mickey330

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,821 / 0
    When you are trying the tutorial, where is it failing? And, what, specifically, does the error code say (if there is one)? Or, are you still having issue getting it into DFU mode?

Marilyn
  15. FrustratedRage

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It fails when I try to put the iPad into DFU mode. I have read the DFU mode for Dummies thread, and have watched youtube videos, and had others time me while I held the various buttons, but the screen just keeps going back to the original USB cable pointing to the itunes logo.
  16. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Greetings,
    Another thing to check on you computer is the firewall and the antivirus. I had to disable mine one time to restore my iPad. I learned about the antivirus software causing trouble when restoring. I didn't have to uninstall the antivirus there was a temporarily disable the antivirus until I reboot option. I went for that and the restore went just fine.
    Good luck. The instructions you were following work just fine. You may have to try them a few times to get it to work out.
  17. FrustratedRage

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried going into DFU mode for more than 2 hours. But I did not read anywhere to disable my AV. I guess I will try that next. But... some sites say you can get into DFU without being connected to your computer, so the AV shouldn't really matter. I will let you know if I can do it.
  18. FrustratedRage

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I disabled my AV, it didn't help. I guess now I have to find some place that will charge me half the cost of the ipad to fix it.
  19. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Have you tried connecting your iPad to a different USB port on your computer? Specifically, try one of the ports that is directly connected to your motherboard (on the back of the computer). My PC has two USB ports on the front of the computer and six or seven on the back. The front ones mess up some of the time, especially with the iPhone.
    I am hoping that you can get this fixed without having to shell out some hard earned cash.
  20. FrustratedRage

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

This is a very interesting suggestion, however, I am using a laptop of sorts. It is he ASUS G74S, I do not know which USB ports connect directly to the motherboard.