What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attachments?

foxy_1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've noticed that you cant add attachments or anything for example, the website called "gumtree" it's a site where you sell things, I wanted to repost something on there but I cannot upload pictures, the option is blanked out???

Is there some program you need to enable you to have this ability? Pretty frustrating, want to apply for jobs but cannot attach my resume???

If someone could let me know, that would be awesome.

Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Gab said, iCab is the browser you need. Using that you are able to upload resumes, photos etc. But you have to transfer the files you want to upload into the iCab file space; no app in the iPad is able to access another app's filespace.

Tim

OP
foxy_1984

foxy_1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it, don't quite understand how to use it tho, go to download drop down then says URL wouldn't have a clue what to do there.... Frustrating

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To transfer the files to iCab you have to transfer them from the application that has the original file. So, for example, if it was a PDF file, you'd need to be in the app that has that file - could be iBooks or Mail, for example. Then, when you 'touch' the application you'll either get a menu bar with a curly arrow which will offer you the option to 'Open In' and a list of compatible programs - iCab should be there, or you'll get a pop-up box with the same option.

Tim

OP
foxy_1984

foxy_1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
To transfer the files to iCab you have to transfer them from the application that has the original file. So, for example, if it was a PDF file, you'd need to be in the app that has that file - could be iBooks or Mail, for example. Then, when you 'touch' the application you'll either get a menu bar with a curly arrow which will offer you the option to 'Open In' and a list of compatible programs - iCab should be there, or you'll get a pop-up box with the same option.

Tim

Confusing as.....

I'll try. Lol .. Not like simple computers..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just a different way of thinking - a more modern way. Probably people felt the same when they switched from horses to automobiles - how much more complicated. But they soon started to understand the advantages...

Tim

OP
foxy_1984

foxy_1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It's just a different way of thinking - a more modern way. Probably people felt the same when they switched from horses to automobiles - how much more complicated. But they soon started to understand the advantages...

Tim

So Tim, if I wanted to sell something on gumtree.com.au I would go into that site browser, but how do I attach pics..? This is what I don't get, they don't have a UrL they are just in my pics???

ChrisHomer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can use iCab to upload to yammer, but not Gumtree. So frustrating! obviously has something to do with the code on their site?

Most reactions

Latest posts