What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attachments on an IPad

crystalnkids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't save attachments in email on my iPad 2. Can anyone help? The only thing that I can find is to remove "Stanza", but it is not on my IPad. What can I do?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot directly add attachments to an email in the iPad's Mail app. You can add photo attachments from within the iPad's Photo app - up to five photos per email.

To add other file types you need to use a third party app - GoodReader - which allows you to add any attachments to an email from within GoodReader to an email that will be dispatched using the iPad's native Mail app.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless you are trying to save attachments you receive. In that case you must have an app on the iPad capable of reading the attachment. So if you wanted to save, say and ePub (an ebook format) you would need an app like iBooks, or maybe Stanza (since you mentioned it).

When you receive the attachment in Mail, it will either be viewed inline in the body of the email, or appear as an icon surrounded by a solid or dashed gray line. In the case of the first and second you tap and hold on the attachment until you get a popup menu with the Open In... option. Select the app you want the file copied to, then you can open that app to read/access the file.

If the icon has a dashed line you will need to tap on it once to start it downloading (larger attachments to no download automatically). Once it finishes the dashed line turns solid and you can use the Open In... option as before.

Most reactions

Latest posts