What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attaching my ipad to my tv

caltongirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to buy an adaptor or cable which would allow my to attach my iPad to my regular TV which has hdmi slots, PCM component slot or Ethernet slots available?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple sells HDMI (AV, they call them) adaptor cabales for all versions of the iPad. The also have VGA and component adaptors for lower quality old TV's.

With the iPad connected you have either the choice of mirroring the iPad's screen to TV and/or outputting video/audio from the app. Depends on the app.

iPad Cables & Docks - Audio/Video Cables & Adapters - Apple Store (U.S.)

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
caltongirl said:
Is it possible to buy an adaptor or cable which would allow my to attach my iPad to my regular TV which has hdmi slots, PCM component slot or Ethernet slots available?

The UK Apple Store will have them as well. I bought one last week, plugged into my iPad, connected an HDMI cable to the adapter and TV and it works just fine, although the picture is smaller than regular TV. The adapter in Canada costs $50 plus you will need an HDMI cable for around $15, so for about £45 you'll be all set. Consider getting an Apple TV though, because for a few pounds more you can stream wirelessly from your iPad to your TV. It is a little box that sits by your TV similar to Boxee Box.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use that adapter with both my 4S and iPad3. If you rotate the device it makes a difference to size displayed too, just rotate before you hook up.

Also, I do not know if it works with a 30 pin to lightning adapter so don't know if it works with the iPhone5 or the iPad4. If any one uses it with these please let me know. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts