1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Attaching my ipad to my tv

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by caltongirl, Dec 27, 2012.

1. caltongirl

caltongirl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it possible to buy an adaptor or cable which would allow my to attach my iPad to my regular TV which has hdmi slots, PCM component slot or Ethernet slots available?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,912 / 1
    Apple sells HDMI (AV, they call them) adaptor cabales for all versions of the iPad. The also have VGA and component adaptors for lower quality old TV's.

With the iPad connected you have either the choice of mirroring the iPad's screen to TV and/or outputting video/audio from the app. Depends on the app.

iPad Cables & Docks - Audio/Video Cables & Adapters - Apple Store (U.S.)
  3. Roy Rob

Roy Rob iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    The UK Apple Store will have them as well. I bought one last week, plugged into my iPad, connected an HDMI cable to the adapter and TV and it works just fine, although the picture is smaller than regular TV. The adapter in Canada costs $50 plus you will need an HDMI cable for around $15, so for about £45 you'll be all set. Consider getting an Apple TV though, because for a few pounds more you can stream wirelessly from your iPad to your TV. It is a little box that sits by your TV similar to Boxee Box.
  4. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +437 / 0
    I use that adapter with both my 4S and iPad3. If you rotate the device it makes a difference to size displayed too, just rotate before you hook up.

Also, I do not know if it works with a 30 pin to lightning adapter so don't know if it works with the iPhone5 or the iPad4. If any one uses it with these please let me know. Thanks