What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attaching files to email msg

sherryledo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
How can I attach several files to an email msg . I know how to this for pics but what is I want to attach some excel or word or PDF files to an email msg

Please advise is there any application that can do this

Sent from my iPad using iPF shereen Samy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - GoodReader can do this. It can attach any number of files of any type to a standard iPad Mail message. You can then type the message and add 'To' addresses from your standard contact list because it's a standard iPad Mail message.

However, you do need to transfer the attachments that you want to send to GoodReader. No app can possibly access the file space of another app, so GoodReader can't 'see' the files space of, say, Pages or Keynote. You need to transfer the files you want to send to GoodReader first of all.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My workaround for this is dropbox......I put the files, images, etc into drop box and generate links to them, I then send the links to the email recipient and they can then download the files themselves.

There is an added bonus to the recipient of doing it this way in that if they are out and about and on a poor bandwidth area they don't have the issue of hogging their connection (this once happened to me when someone sent me a whole album full of photos in an email!) as they can decide when and where to download the files.

The Archangel

OP
sherryledo

sherryledo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I will try it and c

Sent from my iPad using iPF shereen Samy

Most reactions

Latest posts