Attaching docs or photos to yahoo mail on my iPad

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by johnson.hestt, Dec 17, 2011.

1. johnson.hestt

johnson.hestt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do I attach docs and pic to my yahoo mail on my iPad
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,335 / 1
    The easiest way is to set up your Yahoo Account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account. Most apps include an email option in the share icon (looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it). Use this when sending attachments from a single app. You can't add attachments directly in Mail.

If you are using the mobile website or web app (pretty much the same thing), you can't add attachments. Instead I recommend you get a DropBox and the app (free for the basic 2GB account). Then you can use the Open In… option in most apps to copy the file to Dropbox. Once there you can generate a link to share the file. Copy and paste that link into your email.

Actually, that's a pretty good way to send attachments in the Mail app too, especially if they are large. It makes for faster email delivery, and the recipient can choose to download the file when they find it convenient; a good thing if they tend to check their mail while mobile. It is also easier to include multiple documents if different types this way.

You can also use GoodReader to gather and send multiple attachments in a single email. Each attachment must be copied to GoodReader first. This can be done with a combination of Open In copies from other apps, access to cloud servers (including DropBox), and other tricks (GoodReader is very versatile). The email account must be set up as in the first option to do this.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011