What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attach your iPad and Smart Cover to your fridge yet?

Have you attached your iPad and Smart Cover to the fridge yet?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Are you crazy?!!

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who have smart covers, have you tried magnetically attaching it and your iPad to the fridge yet?

I have. It works! (do so at your own risk though)

I slammed the fridge over and over, and the iPad's smart cover holds. Those magnets are pretty darn strong.

iPad-2-fridge-magnet.jpg

iPad 2 Smart Cover Turns Your iPad 2 Into A Fridge Friendly Device | Geeky Gadgets

strongfist36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart covers are only beautiful

I'll admit this much, the Smart Covers for the iPad 2 are sexy, sexy, and sexy, as are all of Apple's products. However, don't you guys feel that Apple sacrifices looks for function?

The Smart Cover only covers 1/2 of the iPad 2. Don't any of you find that problematic? You can read up some more about it here: goo.gl/aExGx

MikeVB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll admit this much, the Smart Covers for the iPad 2 are sexy, sexy, and sexy, as are all of Apple's products. However, don't you guys feel that Apple sacrifices looks for function?

The Smart Cover only covers 1/2 of the iPad 2. Don't any of you find that problematic? You can read up some more about it here: goo.gl/aExGx

The fact that the SC only covers half the Ipad doesn't faze me in the least. I realize many of you never want any scratch or blemish on your unit, but I'm only concerned about the screen being clean, viewable and as scratch-free as I can keep it. As for the rest of it, sides, back, etc., I am utterly unconcerned. To me it's a utility product and heck -- a few well-placed scratches or divots would probably give it some character and the maybe even provide the ability to grip it better. It's kind of like a leather jacket to me, "seasoning" is a desirable thing.

That being said, it would be nice to have the thing as pristine as possible, but you know, life happens, so why stress over a few unavoidable marks that have no effect on performance and functionality anyway? Enjoy your Ipad now for tomorrow we die (or buy the NBThing).

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting a 'skin' for my ipad. Try skinit.com, gelaskins.com or skagg.com. Add that to the smartcover and you have a fairly protected and lightweight setup.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'll be darned. I saw this thread yesterday and decided to give it a shot last night making dinner. I don't have a stainless fridge like you do, but it still works.
Might just have to forget the wall mount for looking at recipes while I'm cooking.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts