What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attach documents to an email

Sammy x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone knew how to attach an document attachment to an email?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It isn't possible to attach documents to an email from within the Email app unless you jailbreak your device.

What is more typically possible (in most but not all cases) is that you can choose to email a file from within the original application that you use to handle those files. So for example, in the GoodReader app, I can open any of the files I am working on and choose to email that file to someone.

If you truly need the flexibility to attach multiple files / documents to an email as you might on a traditional desktop email client you need to jailbreak the device and use a tweak such as AnyAttach. See our review here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...ch-attach-any-file-e-mail-while-mail-app.html
Head on over to the Hacking Section if you require more informaiton and to find out whether jailbreaking is right for you.

Hope that helps.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can do this but you will need an app called smart office 2. You can attach a document and mail it like in my screenshot below. You can use doc,docx, ppt, xls, PDF and probably more but that's all I use.
The app is not free, but worth paying for as it will do the job your looking for.
It's great if your looking to send documents a lot like maybe your CV to employers or documents to colleagues, it should solve your needs.

Attachments

• image-537624206.jpg
    image-537624206.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 227
  • image-2946845077.jpg
    image-2946845077.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 228

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add to all the great advice here, you can save the document in Dropbox then generate a link within Dropbox and mail that link to the recipient. This has the added bonus that large emails are not required for large documents.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts