What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atomic browser question

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been comparing all the 3rd party browsers lately.

They all blow away Safari, but I've been trying to decide which one I like best. I have been comparing Icab, Perfect Browser and Atomic. Since the price on the "pro" version of these things is only a few bucks, I always buy that as opposed to the free DL.

I have been trying to buy the pro version of Atomic but the only thing I can find is the free DL, the paid version does not seem to be available. Does anybody know why, or how I can go about getting the paid version??

It annoys the he'll out of me that I can't set one of these options as the default browser, but I guess I have to wait for a working jailbreak to do that.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you're from but the full version is currently not available in the UK store. Not sure why! If you go to the Developer's Website you can see links to both versions. In the UK, if you click on the link for the full version you get the App Store error message 'Your request could not be completed' - the App Store's way of saying that the app you requested is not available.

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
I have been comparing all the 3rd party browsers lately.

They all blow away Safari, but I've been trying to decide which one I like best. I have been comparing Icab, Perfect Browser and Atomic. Since the price on the "pro" version of these things is only a few bucks, I always buy that as opposed to the free DL.

I have been trying to buy the pro version of Atomic but the only thing I can find is the free DL, the paid version does not seem to be available. Does anybody know why, or how I can go about getting the paid version??

It annoys the he'll out of me that I can't set one of these options as the default browser, but I guess I have to wait for a working jailbreak to do that.

Which one do you like the best then?

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the USA, but the full version link gives me the same error here.

All these browsers are pretty similar and you really can't go wrong with any of them, but I like the scroll bar in Perfect Browser that allows you to scroll all the way up or all the way down a web page by moving your finger less than 2" up or down.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
I'm in the USA, but the full version link gives me the same error here.

All these browsers are pretty similar and you really can't go wrong with any of them, but I like the scroll bar in Perfect Browser that allows you to scroll all the way up or all the way down a web page by moving your finger less than 2" up or down.

Okay, thanks I haven't tried perfect yet!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'm using atomic (full version). Just must be off line at this moment.

The only reason I don't use safari is because it doesn't support tabs. Other than that, every browser is much the same as the next to me. At the end of the day it's just a browser, only dependant on your web connection for speed. Pick any, they're all the same really.

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tabs, scrolling, downloads, ad blocking etc etc

All the 3rd party browsers incorporate all the things that Safari should have done but doesn't. I totally agree that it doesn't really matter which one you go with, they all are better than the "no features at all" Safari.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
Tabs, scrolling, downloads, ad blocking etc etc

All the 3rd party browsers incorporate all the things that Safari should have done but doesn't. I totally agree that it doesn't really matter which one you go with, they all are better than the "no features at all" Safari.

Guys, don't want to scare you but I just tried my atomic(free) browser and it told me it wasn't a safe connection or words to that effect, damn I wish I had screen shot it. What did it mean! I was accessing IPF website for crying out loud. What was not safe, atomic or IPF? 

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puffin works great for me. Supports Flash, has tabs, blocks popups. I even use my iGoogle home page. Works for me. I have Atomic too, but for me, Puffin works the best.

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puffin works great for me. Supports Flash, has tabs, blocks popups. I even use my iGoogle home page. Works for me. I have Atomic too, but for me, Puffin works the best.

LOL, I left Puffin out because that is the one I like the least.

For me, Puffin is slow and laggy and I have never found a single flash video that played correctly in Puffin.

Some of the videos load, but they run like a slideshow with no sound.......

OP
J

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far, the only way I have found that will play flash 100% is to use SplashTop and play it from a PC on my LAN.

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL, I left Puffin out because that is the one I like the least.

For me, Puffin is slow and laggy and I have never found a single flash video that played correctly in Puffin.

Some of the videos load, but they run like a slideshow with no sound.......

Agree with you on puffin. Worst browser of all the ones I've used. I prefer Mercury browser over the other ones I've tried.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard Atomic was pulled from the App store - this happened in the past due to some API infringement. Because the Lite version is still available I assume it is an issue with one of the Pro only features. I would expect it to reappear shortly once the app is revised.

Most reactions

Latest posts