What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T WiFi Hotspots Overseas

chesterhound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone:
Does anyone know if I sign up my 3G iPad on the monthly AT&T plan, can I also use its wifi hotspots in Europe, at the airport for example? Thanks!

chesterhound

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chesterhound, I needed the same information a few days ago as I am leaving for Norway tomorrow. I have 3G network with AT&T(Domestic) $14.95 a month,you must have this before you can buy the International plan, I signed up using the iPad and gave them the start up date when the International plan will start. When I return from Norway I will cancel both plans as the Wi-Fi is excellent where I live.

Al.

OP
C

chesterhound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update:

I found no AT&T hotspots in Europe. At the airports I traveled to, Boingo was the provider. I was able to purchase Boingo credits through my iTunes account at $1.99 for 1 hour of access. It was very easy and Boingo service was fast too.

chesterhound

Most reactions