What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T monthly charge advice please!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay ~ I have a monthly fee of $15 that comes out on automatic withdraw monthly. For my 3G service.

My question is should I not have the automatic w/d set up ~ I think I don't use it all every month, but it renews anyway.

Can I just use it all up and wait for the notice from AT&T, then buy more? I think I am getting more and still have a lot left.

I am very sick ~ so this all may not make any sense. Forgive me!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe, when I was paying for the 3G w/at&t, that your data "times out" after 30 days. Whether you have any left over or not. But you can experiment with it. You'll receive "reminders" as your data runs low, or as the month comes to an end. ( no roll-overs ). :(

Get well soon!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya know. I think you are right! It is every thirty days...no matter what.

Oh ~ and thanks for answering my thread! And the well wishes.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeh, I tried "saving up" data just to have in case I needed to travel or something. But they take it back after thirty days so you can't just "sit" on some. If you don't need it for a while, you can start and stop any time you want.

You're welcome!

Reaction score
hope you feel better
according to the ATT website all we have to do is before the 30 days is up call the listed number, (800) 331-0500, or go into a store and cancel and it will stop the auto renewal.
when you want to use data again,whether next month,next year, whenever, just activate the data like before and cancel if you don't need it like before. no fees for doing so
hope that helps

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hope you feel better
according to the ATT website all we have to do is before the 30 days is up call the listed number, (800) 331-0500, or go into a store and cancel and it will stop the auto renewal.
when you want to use data again,whether next month,next year, whenever, just activate the data like before and cancel if you don't need it like before. no fees for doing so
hope that helps

Support Our Troops!
Sent from my iPad

You don't even need to call the store. Your plan can be started/canceled on the iPad in Settings > Cellular Data >> View Account.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hope you feel better
hope that helps

Support Our Troops!
Sent from my iPad

I think we can do all that from the ipad ~ in settings. That is where I have done it.

But thank you so much for another way!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hope you feel better
hope that helps

Support Our Troops!
Sent from my iPad

You don't even need to call the store. Your plan can be started/canceled on the iPad in Settings > Cellular Data >> View Account.

But now we have another way!

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Okay ~ I have a monthly fee of $15 that comes out on automatic withdraw monthly. For my 3G service.

My question is should I not have the automatic w/d set up ~ I think I don't use it all every month, but it renews anyway.

Can I just use it all up and wait for the notice from AT&T, then buy more? I think I am getting more and still have a lot left.

Just an update: You can turn off you data plan via the IPad 2 , I choose to purchase a personal hot spot from clear.com the cost is $40.00 a month but the data is unlimited.... The device works with my IPad and PCs

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Just an update: You can turn off you data plan via the IPad 2 , I choose to purchase a personal hot spot from clear.com the cost is $40.00 a month but the data is unlimited.... The device works with my IPad and PCs

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Oh thank you! This is good to know.

Reaction score
hope you feel better
hope that helps

Support Our Troops!
Sent from my iPad

I think we can do all that from the ipad ~ in settings. That is where I have done it.

But thank you so much for another way!

Does it have to be connected,iow wifi, or will it let us use the website without 3G? That was why I posted it. I doubt as I'm leaving for vacation I'll remember to enable my account.

Support Our Troops!
Sent from my iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you go to Settings >> Cellular Data turn it on.

It will then let you access your cell plan to start, stop, or change it. You don't think they would let a little thing like WiFi access prevent you from spending money, do you? ;)

Reaction score
I'm a Verizon customer so I'm not used to being able to wifi to use Verizon's products. I do not jest, they just made it so I can check my balance over wifi and the Vcast still only allows 3g

Support Our Troops!
Sent from my iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts