What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At&t iphones people are about to get OWNED bad

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and that's why I'll never get rid of my unlimited data...they can blow me, I pay for it...period...or else they can be sued..it's in the contract you can't be grandfathered out...so...win for me
They can terminate your contract at any time if they deem that you cost them more money than you are worth. They don't HAVE to sell you service... they just can't charge an ETF if they terminate you as a customer. So dream on about the "suing" nonsense.

Michael

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is/has been an issue with all of the carriers.

You leave yourself susceptible to this if you abuse contract terms. Period.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tin man is correct, for the most part. But once again, this is for people who truly is abusing the the data. Like movie streaming/large downloads from AT&T servers, tethering. Goes for people with unlimited plans mostly but anyone else caught also. They only way the catch it is if they see major spikes in ur data usage. Whether unlimited plan or not, tethering is not free. They want additional money for that as tethering usually means u gonna use another Internet enabled device like an iPad or laptop. Those devices will consume wayyyy more data thn ur avg. Smartphone. All other companies will follow suit soon enough or crackdown on users. I'd figure they would crack down on unlimited data plan holders more so cuz we probaly costing them the most, as far as data goes. I'm glad I'm still grandfathered in and don't use my tethering as much anymore since I have wireless high speed Internet access at home. Only time I tether or need to is when I head out and bring my iPad with me. Like going back to hometown to visit. Even then Im only tethering but so much. B4 I got high speed access, yeah, I tethered all most all the time because it was my only source of getting Internet to my iPad. Mostly web surfing and the occasional download or Netflix movie watching. Nothing major constantly being done. So I doubt I set off any alarms in the AT&T camp or else I would've been heard from them. I've been tethering for multiple years. Plus I have a top notch data plan that AT&T doesn't even offer anymore. So who knows, I'm probably already paying for tethering..lol
Either way, this is for mostly abusers of the system, not ur avg. Or once in a while person who tethers(like me ;-) ).

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And so the cat-and-mouse game continues......

I use the Wifi tether app on my rooted Droid for my laptop and iPad while I'm at work and, even though I'd say I use it a lot, I regularly clock in at around 3-4GB.

We'll see if any of the other carriers follow suit. There are competitive/marketing issues at play too and no one wants to come off heavy-handed.

Most reactions

Latest posts