What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At&t iphones people are about to get OWNED bad

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The key is use the tethering sparingly and do not abuse it. Run your hours up while on 3G not wifi even in a wifi area. Do that for 2-3 months to create a pattern and then start using wifi in wifi areas (like your home). Then when using your tethering the over all 3G numbers will not go up vs your normal numbers.

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah good point but AT&T pulled a virgin mobile on them

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Come on man, u already posted this exact same thread in general section..if people gonna see it, they gonna see it. Multiple exact threads in different sections will not get u faster/more responses. If anything, mods will close them down. I already replied in ur other "exact" same thread.
For the record, at&t owners not getting owned. This is not new news what u posted. People tethering without tethering data plans should already know fun gonna end sooner or later. Plus I guarantee other major phone companies gonna do the same to just like when at&t stopped unlimited data plans.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The key is use the tethering sparingly and do not abuse it. Run your hours up while on 3G not wifi even in a wifi area. Do that for 2-3 months to create a pattern and then start using wifi in wifi areas (like your home). Then when using your tethering the over all 3G numbers will not go up vs your normal numbers.

Exactly, I posted up similar answer in general thread. This is a duplicate thread.

ksn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol, is the apple camp split in two now? Apple Verizon or Apple ATT?

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This isn't news, and I could give a rip about tethering anyway, I never even use up my 3G plan on the iPad anyway....

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Exactly, I posted up similar answer in general thread. This is a duplicate thread.

Did not see the other post.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Did not see the other post.

It's no big deal but he posted the exact same thread in the general section. In that one I posted first. Then came here to ipad2 section and saw exact same thread, title(basically) same and the link. It probaly got buried in general thread as so many people post up new threads every min...lol it's on one of the more recent pages ;-)

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a crock.

AT&T is not really cracking down on people tethering. They are, and have indicated they would be doing so, cracking down on heavy heavy users who have unlimited data plans. These people use a LOT of data and most of you with unlimited plans reading this are subsidizing them, whether you want to believe that or not.

Even if you didn't tether but say used Netflix over 3G nearly 24/7... you are just as likely to be contacted.

And they wouldn't likely contact anyone not on unlimited plan.

Also, it's naive to think it is an AT&T only thing. Verizon currently has tethering plans you are supposed to be using for tethering too. You think they will not do this too? They already are going to drop unlimited plans, if the reports are true.

Finally, you have to be right off the turnip truck to write OWNED and not PWNED. :)

Michael

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the key is just pay for it, we all know they're greedy bastards before we bought iphone that wasn't even 3g....I mean, what's changed? lmao...

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a crock.

AT&T is not really cracking down on people tethering. They are, and have indicated they would be doing so, cracking down on heavy heavy users who have unlimited data plans. These people use a LOT of data and most of you with unlimited plans reading this are subsidizing them, whether you want to believe that or not.

Even if you didn't tether but say used Netflix over 3G nearly 24/7... you are just as likely to be contacted.

And they wouldn't likely contact anyone not on unlimited plan.

Also, it's naive to think it is an AT&T only thing. Verizon currently has tethering plans you are supposed to be using for tethering too. You think they will not do this too? They already are going to drop unlimited plans, if the reports are true.

Finally, you have to be right off the turnip truck to write OWNED and not PWNED. :)

Michael

and that's why I'll never get rid of my unlimited data...they can blow me, I pay for it...period...or else they can be sued..it's in the contract you can't be grandfathered out...so...win for me

Most reactions

Latest posts