At&t iphones people are about to get OWNED bad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by jhood2323, Mar 18, 2011.

1. jhood2323

jhood2323 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Rlarson_mn

Rlarson_mn iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The key is use the tethering sparingly and do not abuse it. Run your hours up while on 3G not wifi even in a wifi area. Do that for 2-3 months to create a pattern and then start using wifi in wifi areas (like your home). Then when using your tethering the over all 3G numbers will not go up vs your normal numbers.
  3. jhood2323

jhood2323 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah good point but AT&T pulled a virgin mobile on them
  4. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Come on man, u already posted this exact same thread in general section..if people gonna see it, they gonna see it. Multiple exact threads in different sections will not get u faster/more responses. If anything, mods will close them down. I already replied in ur other "exact" same thread.
    For the record, at&t owners not getting owned. This is not new news what u posted. People tethering without tethering data plans should already know fun gonna end sooner or later. Plus I guarantee other major phone companies gonna do the same to just like when at&t stopped unlimited data plans.
  5. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Exactly, I posted up similar answer in general thread. This is a duplicate thread.
  6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Why are you posting about the iPhone in the ipad2 section?
  7. ksn

ksn iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol, is the apple camp split in two now? Apple Verizon or Apple ATT?
  8. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Not really, still apple. Only diff. Is the radio chipsets in each companies phone.
  9. kctay

kctay iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This isn't news, and I could give a rip about tethering anyway, I never even use up my 3G plan on the iPad anyway....
  10. Stoodo

Stoodo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  11. Rlarson_mn

Rlarson_mn iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did not see the other post.
  12. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    It's no big deal but he posted the exact same thread in the general section. In that one I posted first. Then came here to ipad2 section and saw exact same thread, title(basically) same and the link. It probaly got buried in general thread as so many people post up new threads every min...lol it's on one of the more recent pages ;-)
  13. Tinman

Tinman iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What a crock.

AT&T is not really cracking down on people tethering. They are, and have indicated they would be doing so, cracking down on heavy heavy users who have unlimited data plans. These people use a LOT of data and most of you with unlimited plans reading this are subsidizing them, whether you want to believe that or not.

Even if you didn't tether but say used Netflix over 3G nearly 24/7... you are just as likely to be contacted.

And they wouldn't likely contact anyone not on unlimited plan.

Also, it's naive to think it is an AT&T only thing. Verizon currently has tethering plans you are supposed to be using for tethering too. You think they will not do this too? They already are going to drop unlimited plans, if the reports are true.

Finally, you have to be right off the turnip truck to write OWNED and not PWNED. :)

Michael
  14. Cadena96

Cadena96 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the key is just pay for it, we all know they're greedy bastards before we bought iphone that wasn't even 3g....I mean, what's changed? lmao...
  15. Cadena96

Cadena96 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

and that's why I'll never get rid of my unlimited data...they can blow me, I pay for it...period...or else they can be sued..it's in the contract you can't be grandfathered out...so...win for me
  16. Tinman

Tinman iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    They can terminate your contract at any time if they deem that you cost them more money than you are worth. They don't HAVE to sell you service... they just can't charge an ETF if they terminate you as a customer. So dream on about the "suing" nonsense.

Michael
  17. SporkLover

SporkLover iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is/has been an issue with all of the carriers.

You leave yourself susceptible to this if you abuse contract terms. Period.
  18. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Tin man is correct, for the most part. But once again, this is for people who truly is abusing the the data. Like movie streaming/large downloads from AT&T servers, tethering. Goes for people with unlimited plans mostly but anyone else caught also. They only way the catch it is if they see major spikes in ur data usage. Whether unlimited plan or not, tethering is not free. They want additional money for that as tethering usually means u gonna use another Internet enabled device like an iPad or laptop. Those devices will consume wayyyy more data thn ur avg. Smartphone. All other companies will follow suit soon enough or crackdown on users. I'd figure they would crack down on unlimited data plan holders more so cuz we probaly costing them the most, as far as data goes. I'm glad I'm still grandfathered in and don't use my tethering as much anymore since I have wireless high speed Internet access at home. Only time I tether or need to is when I head out and bring my iPad with me. Like going back to hometown to visit. Even then Im only tethering but so much. B4 I got high speed access, yeah, I tethered all most all the time because it was my only source of getting Internet to my iPad. Mostly web surfing and the occasional download or Netflix movie watching. Nothing major constantly being done. So I doubt I set off any alarms in the AT&T camp or else I would've been heard from them. I've been tethering for multiple years. Plus I have a top notch data plan that AT&T doesn't even offer anymore. So who knows, I'm probably already paying for tethering..lol
    Either way, this is for mostly abusers of the system, not ur avg. Or once in a while person who tethers(like me ;-) ).
  19. gatecitycanes

gatecitycanes iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    And so the cat-and-mouse game continues......

I use the Wifi tether app on my rooted Droid for my laptop and iPad while I'm at work and, even though I'd say I use it a lot, I regularly clock in at around 3-4GB.

We'll see if any of the other carriers follow suit. There are competitive/marketing issues at play too and no one wants to come off heavy-handed.