What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At&t iphone people getting OWNED soon

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really...all cell phones companies gonna follow this suit. Just like AT&T was the first to stop unlimited data plans(glad I'm grandfathered in and still have it), other major companies followed the same path. People shoulda known this was coming so it's not really news to me. Plus anyway, the only way theyngonna catch people is if the person is tethering like crazy. They can detect the major spike in data usage. But if u only use it when going out occasionally, every now and then, or in emergency situations, there will be no way of knowing. Especially if the person has been known for a long time to use a lot of data. Account history will show that. Plus it could be disputed also so it's really a fail on AT&T to try to scare people into paying even more cash. Not here ;-)

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
locations on this forum? That is a waste of your time as well as ours.

If you don't own an iPad 2 or iPhone plz be quiet

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
locations on this forum? That is a waste of your time as well as ours.

If you don't own an iPad 2 or iPhone plz be quiet

Lmfao...i think that person own all that in more, actually looks like he owns every apple device ever made..lol
No one trying to rag on ya, as I've seen some good threads/posts from u.

Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Not really...all cell phones companies gonna follow this suit. Just like AT&T was the first to stop unlimited data plans(glad I'm grandfathered in and still have it), other major companies followed the same path. People shoulda known this was coming so it's not really news to me. Plus anyway, the only way theyngonna catch people is if the person is tethering like crazy. They can detect the major spike in data usage. But if u only use it when going out occasionally, every now and then, or in emergency situations, there will be no way of knowing. Especially if the person has been known for a long time to use a lot of data. Account history will show that. Plus it could be disputed also so it's really a fail on AT&T to try to scare people into paying even more cash. Not here ;-)

The reason AT&T knows that someone is tethering their connection is that every mobile device connection sends it's IMEI along.

All AT&T, or any other provider for that matter have to do is run an automated script to check whether more than 1 IMEI shows up for any 3G contract in their logs. Remember that you had to give AT&T your IMEI when you signed up? So if any other one shows up, the mobile provider immediately knows that you are tethering.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

The reason AT&T knows that someone is tethering their connection is that every mobile device connection sends it's IMEI along.

All AT&T, or any other provider for that matter have to do is run an automated script to check whether more than 1 IMEI shows up for any 3G contract in their logs. Remember that you had to give AT&T your IMEI when you signed up? So if any other one shows up, the mobile provider immediately knows that you are tethering.

Hmmm, interesting. Thnkx for posting that. I had forgot all about that. Lol. Well AT&T over the years has seen various devices connected from me n never said anything...lmao probaly cuz I don't abuse it plus I have a top grade $50 data plan that they don't even offer anymore since I'm grandfathered in and have unlimited. Either way, I'm never leavin cuz u can't beat unlimited data vs. What they charging now for it.

Most reactions