What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T iPad 3G unlimited Plan billing

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just got an email today saying that the credit card on file for my ATT 3G Data Plan expired and was not able to process the auto renew. I quickly jumped on my ipad and check the billing info in settings. The billing info in settings said my 3G plan would not expire for another 23Hours I manually updated the credit card info under settings and then called ATT to make sure they process the payment since the auto renew failed. The lady said OK, no problem I will look into the issue and asked for my ipad IMEI number to verify the account.

She said that the only way to correct this would be to cancel my current plan and then she would reapply the plan with the new credit card info on file. I explained how I have the unlimited plan that att no longer offers and she said yes its no longer offered however If you call within 6 days of a billing dispute they are allowed to give you the unlimited plan again. After the 6 days pass you would then have to choose one of the two current plans.

She canceled the account and restarted it with the unlimited data plan and new billing info. My ipad got a message saying dataplan had been updated and I was then no longer able to get 3G service. After reseting network settings 3G service came back. Then the lady said "OK let me clear the account back to zero" and I thought nothing of this. I look at my account info in my ipad settings and its showing that i still have the unlimited data plan and it changed from 23 hours remaining to 29 days remaining.

I then get an email from ATT saying that my account has been changed, billing info updated and $0 was charged to my credit card. I check my credit card after a few hours and its still no showing any charges. Maybe I got lucky with a free month of service, would be great if that was the case.

The point I think people should get from this is to remember to update your credit card info in ipad billing once your card expires and you get a new one. If you forget you will have 6 days to call ATT to keep the unlimited plan.

Last edited:

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some great info Mike, thanks for the heads up. I think I will set a task for the month before my CC expiry date to update my CC info. Don't want to risk losing the Unlimited plan as they appear to becoming obsolete.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon waiting to screw you if you loose the $30 plan

The maximum new plan from AT&T is 2GB for $25 with each GB over that priced.

Verizon is introducing their new 5GB metered data plan and it will be $80 for 5GB. The AT&T unlimited data plan for the iPad is an incredible $30. If you have that plan it is a cool $50 less than what big red is going to offer you!

That is a cool $600 year savings just in data costs alone with AT&T.

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The maximum new plan from AT&T is 2GB for $25 with each GB over that priced.

Verizon is introducing their new 5GB metered data plan and it will be $80 for 5GB. The AT&T unlimited data plan for the iPad is an incredible $30. If you have that plan it is a cool $50 less than what big red is going to offer you!

Verizon has not introduced anything and that may not be coming.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Those numbers are a large part of why I got an iPad in the first place. I was paying $80/month for an unlimited plan from Sprint on my VAIO, so the savings means the iPad will pay for itself in six months (counting the money I got for my Sony).

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Well, Good news so far...

been 24 hours and my credit card has still not been charged. Seems like that lady gave me a free month of unlimited data for my ipad.

I also got an email from att confirming my purchase of unlimited data for a month at the cost of $0.00

ATT needs more reps that do this :)

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, Good news so far...

been 24 hours and my credit card has still not been charged. Seems like that lady gave me a free month of unlimited data for my ipad.

I also got an email from att confirming my purchase of unlimited data for a month at the cost of $0.00

ATT needs more reps that do this :)
Wish I had gotten unlimited sooner. Haha

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
T-Mobile announced they will offer the iPhone this winter,, anyone hear what they will offer for a 3G package?

Most reactions

Latest posts