What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T FaceTime Wierdness

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got my iPad mini in early Feb and signed up for the 250mb data plan. On Feb 17th I was in Chattanooga TN and made a successful FaceTime call to my daughter in Atlanta over my cellular connection. On February 19th, I upgraded to the 3gb data plan. Today I attempted to make a cellular FaceTime call, but a pop-up tells me I need to be on wifi or an eligible data plan.

Did something change with AT&T in the last two weeks? The iPad is the only AT&T device I have. How come my 250mb plan allowed it two weeks ago, but my more expensive 3gb plan doesn't now?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my iPad mini in early Feb and signed up for the 250mb data plan. On Feb 17th I was in Chattanooga TN and made a successful FaceTime call to my daughter in Atlanta over my cellular connection. On February 19th, I upgraded to the 3gb data plan. Today I attempted to make a cellular FaceTime call, but a pop-up tells me I need to be on wifi or an eligible data plan.

Did something change with AT&T in the last two weeks? The iPad is the only AT&T device I have. How come my 250mb plan allowed it two weeks ago, but my more expensive 3gb plan doesn't now?

You'll have to contact AT&T to ask them why. Maybe it's a glitch.

Most reactions

Latest posts