What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T data question

quackinup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked thru the FAQ section and didn't see this, and I'm terrible at searching forums, so I apologize if this has been covered.

I am about out of data and still have about 10 days left in my month. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, I would just turn off 3G and only use it when absolute necessary. However on Monday I will be out of town for 3 days and will have limited wifi access so I will need to use my 3G quite a bit. My question is, if I add data now, will I have to use it all before the end of my current month, or will I start a new month cycle and have a month to use the added data?

And as long as I'm here, I just downloaded Tapatalk, but am having trouble finding this forum in the list. Is it named differently there?

Last edited:

Kilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you buy more data, it will reset your date and you'll have 30 more days from the time of purchase.

OP
Q

quackinup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had a thought. Since I'm "adding" data, I would think it would keep the data I have now and add some to it. So if I have 23mb left and add 250mb I would now have 273mb. If I did this on the last day of each month I would effectively keep all of my "rollover data" and get to use it all.

OP
Q

quackinup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So absolutely no point to the popups and emails that say you only have X% left, until it reaches 0.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Except to warn you that your are about to run out of data for the month. Some people might want to know that before it cuts you off without notice.

OP
Q

quackinup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess if you knew that you were going to be in the middle of something critical when it ran out you could renew early.

Most reactions

Latest posts