AT&T 3g purchase for iPad

Discussion in 'User News Submissions' started by duffer2, Jun 15, 2010.

1. duffer2

duffer2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Before I relate my experience with AT&T I first would like to know whether anybody has had a problem in canceling the monthly 3g purchase. :confused:

Thanks....duffer2

2. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    You buy one month service at a time, which is automatically renewed. All you do is inform AT&T of your desire to stop.

3. duffer2

duffer2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The AT&T problem

I had purchased a one month 3G 250 mb service on 5/11/10 @ 9:45 am, the end date being 6/10/10.
    AT&T send an e-mail message on 6/9/10 stating I had 14 hours remaining until the end of my contract. I replied via my iPad at 7:17 pm on the 9th to cancel.
    I received a reply stating that the cancelation was acknowledged shortly thereafter. The next morning I received another e-mail message thanking me for renewing and that my credit card was charged $14.99. I thought that was unfair and was told by a representative of AT&T that I should have canceled 7 days before the end of the contract. Bottom line, be aware.....duffer2 :(

4. STEVEMS2305

STEVEMS2305 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dispute the charge with the credit card company. There is a process for that.

I have 3G but i don't plan to cancel and I am unaware of a 7 day cancel notice?