What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Astronomy App Choice?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just curious...can you really see stars with the iPad's camera at night? I can barely make out street lights, much less match stars with a planetarium app.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LannyC said:
Just curious...can you really see stars with the iPad's camera at night? I can barely make out street lights, much less match stars with a planetarium app.

I just tried it and the stars don't show up, however bright planets might, as well as the Moon.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It depends where you are. If you live up north somewhere the stars are going to be very bright and more clearer than for those who live in southern regions.

Temp70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.itoutsourcingservices.com
[FONT=&quot]If you want to know more about Star Walk for iPad so, you can check this link; itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-walk-for-ipad-interactive/id363486802?mt=8#[/FONT]

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Temp70 said:
If you want to know more about Star Walk for iPad so, you can check this link; itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-walk-for-ipad-interactive/id363486802?mt=8#

Your link is incomplete and doesn't work.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For a limited time only, notified today, via AppShopper, Star Walk is 70% off. Normally US$5.99-->for a short time: US$1.99. So if you are on "the fence" as to which night time sky watch app you want to buy....(!)

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I would check Red Shift! I have the others listed here, and have found myself going to RedShift more and more. I also have it on my MBP that I use for demos at the local astro club during public viewing nights.

worth every penny.

Also, when I was using RS side by side with another iPad user using StarWalk, Redshift was a lot more accurate overall. I have no real metrics, but most of what we swung to RS matched much better than Star Walk.

Most reactions