What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asteroid Apophis

Texas_Mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw the story about that asteroid possibly impacting the earth in 2036 so checked Luminos (it has a Potentially Hazardous section of objects NASA is tracking due to potential earth related impacts), Luminos had Apophis which is awesome so I took some screenies so you can check out where that thing is in relation to Earth's orbit.

This first one I did using Luminos' "Ride Along" feature which lets me ride on top of satellites and asteroids as they travel through their orbits.

ridingapophis.png

This next one is an orrery view which shows you where Apophis is in relation to the Earth's orbit (earth's orbit is rendered with the blue line)

orreryview.png

In this last one I zoomed out from earth and then turned on all the Potentially Hazardous object NASA is tracking, talk about spooky!

hazardous.png

I think it'll be so creepy when Apophis does finally get near earth, even if its a miss in Luminos Ill get to ride on it as it shoots by the Earth (missing hopefully!)

Most reactions

Latest posts