What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asian supply sources: the iPad mini is becoming more popular than the iPad

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ipad-ipad-mini-small.jpg

Since the release of the iPad mini, there has been a raising concern amongst analysts that the cheaper tablet is going to cannibalize the sales of the full fledged iPad. Now adding wood to fire, are a host of estimates coming from Asian sources, which are thought to be closer to the matter.

For example, the well known DigiTimes publication estimated that in the second quarter of the year, Apple shipped a total of 19.5 million tablets. Out of this huge number, only 7 million were 9-inch tablets. Tech-Thought’s Sameer Singh also made a very favorable prediction regarding the iPad mini for the quarter that just ended. He sees iPad mini shipments reaching th​​e 12 million threshold. He also claims that it’s impossible that Apple will end up selling less than 9 million shrunken tablets. Lots of people seem to have a lot of faith in the device. We wonder what would happen if one analyst’s prediction (Ming-Chi Kuo) becomes reality and the Cupertino tech giant is indeed cooking up a low cost iPad mini in its development labs. Will it follow the same trend and become more popular than the iPad mini?

Even if Apple is a company known for its high-end products, the tech giant couldn’t stay out of the cheaper priced tablet market any longer. With Google’s Nexus tablet available for $199 and Samsung’s 7-inch Galaxy Tab being priced at $179, Cupertino had to do something in order to prevent being kept out of the loop. The solution it found seems to agree with consumers, but at what price?

Source: Cnet

jollyxier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep! I like iPad mini too!I read an article about iPad mini VS. iPad 3 VS. iPad 4 on iFunia blog. It let me decided to buy the mini. I think mini is [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]quite[/FONT] cool!

Most reactions

Latest posts